AVIC411.com

WHO HAS THE BEST PRICE ON THE Z-1

thought I would let you guys know of my experience, and with this bs warranty. I found that if I didnt buy the warranty I was denied the sale of the product, horrible! you can check out reseller ratings to see my story if you want but its just a scam in the end on their part to draw you in and get the sale, I mean you can get the unit for $1750 just about anywhere and from an auth dealer, but they are gettin you on the warranty and "maybe" they would honor it in a year or 2 and maybe they wouldnt.
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got mine in from bluestripe fri afternoon it did have the one year manuf. warranty in the box. the service i got from them was excellent the did exacly what they said. i had orignal purchased from 6ave.com but need it ups red he said no prob. so i sat around 2 days whaating for it called them back then he said he miss understood what i wanted. so i cancelled my order. told me week and a half till i would get it but they had units in stock
Because they are 6th ave and they can! :)

Actually I just ordered one from Abes of Maine for $1505. They are very pushy with the "you must order an extended warranty" thing. I told him that after I was done with it, no warranty will cover it, he tried to disagree, but I doubt they would if you open the case.
I printed the 6Ave.com internet price of the Z1 when it was $1515 about a month ago. A month ago I wasn't ready to buy. Today, I went to the local 6Ave store with the printed copy of the internet price and got it for $1515. Since I live in NJ, I would have to pay sales tax regardless if I ordered on the internet or bought it locally. I decided to buy from an authorized retailer after reading all the bad stories dealing with grey market retailers and trying to get warranty service. The sales guy was surprised of the price difference of the store ($2295) and the internet price. He never bothered to verify the current internet price. :lol: The manufacturer date is May 06, so the byass will work for me.
I bought mine from the camerapros and had a great experience. I too bought the extended warranty. This isn't required but PIONEER will void the warranty if you pay less than list/MSRP on the head unit. I have read in various posts that peple have had issues and Pioneer denied warranty help, since they paid less than list on the unit. When I placed my ordr form camerapros on Wed. about lunchtime, I had it Friday morning (go the free shipping upgrade 2-3 day)!
[quote name="dcarrington01"]I bought mine from the camerapros and had a great experience. I too bought the extended warranty. This isn't required but PIONEER will void the warranty if you pay less than list/MSRP on the head unit. [/quote]

That's not true because 6th ave is an authorized dealer and often has sold it for much less than list and they cover those units under warranty.
pioneer requires all authorized dealers to sell them at there set price give or take a few dollars. If they catch authorized dealers selling them below there said price they will generally give them a warning the first time and then pull there authorized status for good if they do it again. Online dealers selling way below the norm price are most lkely not authorized, which is fairly common, or havent been caught yet.
not sure about being the best price but a real good guy to deal with> and he will runnig a special on a the Z1 w/bluetooth,cdsr1remote. in a couple of weeks I will be picking my 2nd one up tommorrow :D :D also you dont have to worry about the so called warranty that all the the other sites from New york or New jersey try to make you buy or the price goes up or they wont sell it to you. give this guy chance you won't be dissappointed. just let him know where you heard it from.

[url=http://www.audiovideodimension.com/]http://www.audiovideodimension.com/[/url]

grcplaya
Related to this thread I think.... Where can I get the best price for a 3 year warranty? Can anyone tell me what 6th Ave will be asking for their warranty??
Customer service means more to me than saving a few bucks too so AVD may be just the ticket!
Hey grcplaya, you say there is going to be a bundle special coming up? Did you have a contact person ?? Thanks