AVIC411.com

Need advice: VW HU in a Saturn?

Since I upgraded to a D3 in my GTI, I have the stock premium 7 HU sitting on my dresser. I just bought my fiancee a Saturn Vue and the stereo is terrible in it. I wanted to see if anyone had any input on wiring up the VW HU in her Saturn. I realize I will probably lose XM due to vehicle specific tuners, and I know mounting it will probably suck. I am more interested on how to get wired up and full functional.

Any input at all is appreciated as this would be the most involved install I've done if I can figure out how to get it going.

I asked on VWVortex ans SaturnFans, but I figured there's more car stereo guys hanging out around here. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Better off going after market in the saturn. The radio in the gti uses canbus to turn on, a signal which is not available in the saturn. TO my knowledge noone makes an interface to do it either.

thanks. I thought the CAN-BUS would get me, but that was only an educated guess.

Any recommendations for a decent HU for not alot of bucks? My fiancee is electronically challenged, so it doesn't have to have all teh bells and whistles. I do want preouts though, as we will probably do a small sub.

• 2 weeks later...

i have an 08 gti bud and what i was thinking might screw u over besides the CANBUS is the coding in the radios of our cars? i know you can buy radios from other gtis and throw em in urs but u can have to get it recoded from what my dealer told me..