AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Phone Compatibility List - ND-BT1 - Avic-Z1

Does anyone know if the ND-BT1 works with the Samsung SPH-A900 cell phone? I have contacted some install shops. The answer is we'll have to try it. One shop owner said it might work, but with limited functionality. Does that mean I can make calls, but not access the address book functions for example? Or is the phone just not going to work?

I have not seen a phone compatibility list yet. I don't think Pioneer has one yet from my understanding.

Thanks!
  • 2 weeks later...
I am experiencing a significant problem with the blue tooth functionality on my AVIC-Z1. Callers are experiencing a great deal of feedback during conversations that make it impossible to use the blue tooth function of my Z1. Quite frankly, I waited for this unit to become available because of its built in blue tooth feature. Are there any plans to fix this problem? I am seriously dissatisfied with the product as is.

Also, are there any plans to enhance the search functionality of the iPod feature. Searching via the Z1 is currently quite combersome and distracting.

Thanks, Steve
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey guys... i know i'm new but i've been install navigation units when people didn't know there was such a thing like GPS..... I'm good "phone friends" with a Tech at Pioneer's Dealer Tech Support. I work in the install/sales industry and I have some news. This will happen, but Pioneer is not sure but aiming for the first week of October.

There will be a FirmWare Update to correct the "gain" level when the ND-BT1 makes connection with the phone. The feedback problem is mostly happening to Motorola Phones and some others, but this firmware will supposedly fix the problem with the bad feedback....

If this does not help after it comes out, my pioneer tech said they will be working on a new/better mic that does not pick up feedback/backround noise, but in my opinion, is very hard to do. I also work in pro/stage audio and believe me we use no-feedback wired mics that cost $350 and the wirless ones over $600.... so I don't know how they can improve this mic technology into this tiny thing... but on the bright side GM, BMW, BENZ and other car manufacturers who have built in cell phone systems work great and they use small mics too... Anyway guys, just wait, there will be an update soon