AVIC411.com

Surround Adapter - DEQ-P8000

Does the DEQ-P8000 work with the AVIC-Z1? I mean it is just a car... surround sound would be nice though. :)

Anyone have the unit and think it's worth it? Is there a way to wire it to work with the AVIC-Z1 for surround DVD playback?

I have an '04 Audi S4 with a factory Tape/Sirius/6-CD Indash Changer system. BOSE Sound System Audi Symphony 4 x 20 watt + 70 watt subwoofer (active speaker)
The good news - Yes, you can use the DEQ-P8000 processor with the Z1 to get Dolby Digital/Pro Logic surround modes..

The bad news - You have to use the AXM-P8000 controller to run the processor, otherwise the Z1 only has limited control of the DEQ... So you have to find someplace to mount/install the AXM-P8000

Properly set up, the difference is amazing... Pro Logic can really change how even radio & CD's sound.

The DEQ has it's own amplifires and preouts that you would use in place of the Z1's, so the Z1 just needs power & nav connections, the audio into your Audi would come from the DEQ.
  • 2 weeks later...
But there a couple of things I found out about it after I installed the p8000 system. One you need a seperate little speaker to get nav directions and phone calls because those will no longer go through the car speakers. And also the volume of your system would no longer be controlled by the z1 you have to use the AXM-P8000 to turn the volume up and down. I find the whole thing ridiculous. I put in and then took it right back out.