AVIC411.com

Problem with Z1

i just recently put my z1 into a new vehicle.

i had ducatiboy's circuit in before.. and it worked great for about 5 months.. then every once in a while, i would hit a bump, or something would happen.. and out of nowhere i would get the parking brake error and it would eff it up untill i turned the system off and back on... **i did not have a backup camera installed)

again, recently moved the z1 to a new vehicle.. when i did this.. everything went hay-wire.. FUBAR..... problems that i need help diagnosing..

1. the GPS is being REALLY funny about its location.. its like off 100 feet left.. i try to manually change the position, but it just doesnt like it or take very well

2. sometimes i will get a black screen at the very start that says "Caution: screen may appear reversed" and i have to restart the system to get it to go away.

3. in vehicle dynamics.. when i restart the system, none of them work for about 20 miles.. then all of them but slope work.. slope says "this function is not currently available" weird... but not a HUGE deal

4. my ducatiboy doesnt work at all.. ever.. i get the parking brake error when i start up the vehicle every time.. and it never works..

5. i got a reverse camera.. hooked it up to the reverse light, and put it into the proper backupcamera input.. here is the tricky thing... it does not work AT ALL when you go into reverse.. BUT... if you go into nav, and go into the map options with the backup camera on the left side.. it WILL work if you put it in reverse.......... WTF???

this one is important to me to fix.. mostly because the truck has an 8in lift and i cant see shit backing up..

my guess is that i need a new ducatiboy circuit.. maybe it got fried or something in the transfer??? but some of the other problems are REALLLLLLY weird...

thanks for you help...

Something tells me you've got some shorts in your harness. Especially in the backup wires.

Take the flasher out of the equation and do the bluetooth update and 2-wire bypass.

As for your location being off, I haven't personally seen it happen, but I've heard that if the reverse wire is activated while you're going forward it'll screw everything up. Also if you have the GPS antenna mounted underneath some metal instead of a clear view to the sky, you could be getting some shadow signals which confuse the unit.

Check all your wiring, do a full top-level reset, and make sure everything works correctly in the hardware screen.