AVIC411.com

Holy moley...

Popped a radio in an early nineties Aerostar yesterday.....I completely forgot what a pain in the ass those were....with that friggin' headphone panel crap and the common ground nonsense....now, that was when we were INSTALLERS...., I'd like to see any of the noobs at SA, BB or CC tackle that one.

How about those front speakers? 5 1/4's up against the glass, where even a skewdriver won't fit? Yay.

Yeah and don't forget about rear speakers in older silverados where the whole bench had to come out.

My favorite rear speakers to this day are still the tempo/topaz rubber banded in place, take 5 seconds to swap out. :)

How about the rear speakers in - if memory serves me correctly - the early nineties Mazda B2200 extra-cabs? Wasn't that the one that you had to remove the pop-out windows? Or am I thinking of the S-10?

No, the Mazda is correct for $500. And the Checy/GMC Full-size van you have to practically pull the dash out to change 4x6s?! Are you kidding?

• 1 month later...

wow, there are some old guys here, ya mind if I through a couple out @ ya:

1970's vehicles such as opal gt, chevy luv trucks, datsun B210,

80's nissan picks or,

maybe an easy 1- the good ole 10 minute ant, unit & 2 door spkrs finished in 15 minutes. How many remember having to fabricate your own dash kits from abs panels? what about before you could get factory harness adaptors and you had to figure out the wiring? BOY those were the days. kids got it easy anymore. I know there are still a few difficult cars today but they all have intergration parts that really allows any one to do most installs.

:wink:

[quote="xsdbs"]wow, there are some old guys here, ya mind if I through a couple out @ ya:

1970's vehicles such as opal gt, chevy luv trucks, datsun B210,

80's nissan picks or,

maybe an easy 1- the good ole 10 minute ant, unit & 2 door spkrs finished in 15 minutes. How many remember having to fabricate your own dash kits from abs panels? what about before you could get factory harness adaptors and you had to figure out the wiring? BOY those were the days. kids got it easy anymore. I know there are still a few difficult cars today but they all have intergration parts that really allows any one to do most installs.

:wink:

OK maybe not that old, anyone remember when scosche and AI started coming out with factory kits and harnesses. I remember having to cut din and eq openings into abs plastic sheets with a box knife and file for ddin openings like for nissan and toyota units with the old pockets under the radio. Now today we have Computer languages and panel intergrated items to contend with amongst others. I guess it will always be somethig huh.