AVIC411.com

purchesed avic n3

hey guys i just recieved my avic n3 in the mail today looks great cant wait to install it tomorrow. i will post pics as soon asap! also i was wondering i have been reading post about doing the bypass on the n3 with the whole sticker thing and i looked on my avic n3 and i did not see it at all where exactly is it located
no need to double post :)

The silver foil sticker is located right above the big white pioneer brand label. I missed it too at first. It blends right in.
Thanks to binderim, another member here, below is a picture. Don't forget to do the parking brake ground as well, to fully bypass.

good luck and say goodbye to the warranty ;) Works great bypassed though! :)

[img]http://avic411.com/forum/files/avic_n_bypass_155.jpg[/img]
wow you guys must have some eagle eyes because i still dont see it. i now it has to be there because obviously so many of you have done it but i am looking above the white sticker and i see nothing! i am rubbing the surface and somewhat scrathing the surface still nothing unless the white sticker is covering the sticker i am suppose to peel off?? hmmmmmm :?
it shouldnt be.. do you see in the picture, the sticker is right next to the indentation with the screw? Its right next to that. The picture looks like the sticker is a shade different in color, but that must have been the camera flash.. The sticker blended right in with my unit, and I only found it by looking at that picture I showed you. I dunno how I missed it either LOL But it was real easy to miss.
Has anyone tried getting a long stiff small rod of some sort and sticking it through the opening where the screw is to the left of the switch hole and pushing the switch? The switch should not take to much force to flip and it appears to need to go in the right direction. If you could find something small enough to go into that hole at the right angle I bet you could flip that switch without even peeling the sticker.
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/xecutioner1/avic_n_bypass_155.jpg[/img]
great idea. does anyone have a picture up close of what the switch looks like and in the position it needs to be. maybe this long rod idea may work out without voiding the warranty. lets take a look at the switch itself. thanks. as far as the grounding goes. can someone please explain to me how it is done? thanks.
its not hard to remove the sticker without ripping the "void" into it. I used a heat gun I had around the house (easily bought at Home Depot or such for $10-15.). Using the heat gun, I warmed up the sticker (and the glue underneath it), used a razor blade to peel a corner up slowly, and while still applying heat, I used a pair of tweezers to peel the label back. Then just flip the switch, crazy glue the sticker back on EXACTLY where it was, and voila :)
Looking at the picture above it appears to me that you would need to push the switch to the proper position which is the direction you would be going if you insteted the rod. I would think you shoud be able to feel the click. maybe someone who has peeled the foil can play with it to see if it will work.