AVIC411.com

iPhone and D3 auto connect issue

I have a D3 and the Bluetooth CD-BTB200 module and whenever I get back into my car I have to re-pair the iPhone and the headunit, they don't auto connect. Is there some setting I am missing, I am running the latest firmware on the iPhone (1.1.4). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did register the phone, I went into the BT-Phone feature, went into the Function Menu, chose register phone, then pressed open connection, on the iPhone went into settings and paired the phone with the 0000 passcode with the headunit, and then the phone pairs and works that time, when I turn off the car it looses its pairing on the headunit side, I will turn the car back on and it will not connect I will have to go into the iPhone choose unpair and then re-pair the connection as the headunit will not reconnect until that is done.

Not the tip you want I know but to stop from unpairing and then repairing the iphone, click the direct connect tab in the function menu, the iphone will be listed. select it and 5 seconds later you're good to go

(I too have a 1.1.4 iphone unwilling to autoconnect barring this one freak time)

You're confusing pairing and registering. As the manual says, while your phone is already paired, go into the function menu as you described before. Go to phone register. You will see five spots. While your phone is still paired, press and hold your finger on position one until it stores it. Now your phone is registed and will autoconnect

Thanks for the tip, never tried holding down number 1 in the five spot, always just tapped it and heard it beep but not do anything thought something was wrong. Works great auto-pairs and now I can store a whopping 6 phone numbers on the built in address book without names. Thanks again for the tip, hopefully either Pioneer or Apple will come out with an update to allow the phone book to sync or be looked up.

You're confusing pairing and registering. As the manual says, while your phone is already paired, go into the function menu as you described before. Go to phone register. You will see five spots. While your phone is still paired, press and hold your finger on position one until it stores it. Now your phone is registed and will autoconnect

exactly what I've done with all the phones I've owned, an N95, S710 and now the iphone. Pairing and registering phones isn't something new to me. For some odd reason, the iphone just refuses. even after deleting all other phones and repairing the iphone from scratch.

not too big a hurdle to overcome though, so I'm just leaving it be...

• 5 months later...

its not the d3 its the iphone! Its the way that the software was coded, no activity for any program while not on the screen. Just using my jawbone alone it unpairs after 15min of inactivity. look out for it next time while browsing through the phone; turn on your earpiece and goto phone, you will see in the top right corner the BT icon blue, but hit the home button and its grey again, also, goto ipod, its greyed out. Thanks apple!

its not the d3 its the iphone! Its the way that the software was coded, no activity for any program while not on the screen. Just using my jawbone alone it unpairs after 15min of inactivity. look out for it next time while browsing through the phone; turn on your earpiece and goto phone, you will see in the top right corner the BT icon blue, but hit the home button and its grey again, also, goto ipod, its greyed out. Thanks apple!

I have to disagree with you. I've had a D3 for the past year (just got the F90) and had the original iPhone and the 3G and they worked FLAWLESSLY & connected instantly upon turning on the car.

• 3 weeks later...