AVIC411.com

I would like to know if the new navigations will have the Apple authentication chip built-in so that the Classic and Nanos will output video. The new pioneer DVD players apparently do

The new F Series use a USB input that pulls songs, videos, and album art direct from the ipod, no authentication chip needed.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All D/N/Z Series will be updated Summer 2008.

d3 owner: Do you think we will be able to find the closest place/distant while doing a POI search, instead of them being in order?

It's a new feature in the F Series. Whether or not they add that to the old units is the question. My guess, no.

I noticed the F series had voice activated ipod and bluetooth - but is the nav voice controlled? Also, where can I download the specs?

Yes, there are voice nav to some extent, however it wasn't working in the prototype and like everything is subject to change.

The specs are on the 2008 road show page.

Any indication the F series is to replace the D series, or just add to it? Looks like to me it will be a replacement?

I think it's a replacement as well. There was no talk about any D unit, and the only AVIC at the show other then the F Series was the Z3.

First post. Sorry if this has been covered:

Are there any security features (anti-theft) on these new in-dash units such as detatchable face or even some kind of "lockout" if the constant power lead has been intirupted?

Hi Brian, welcome to the forum.

There probably is, but it was not demonstrated.