AVIC411.com

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post. Sorry if this has been covered:

Are there any security features (anti-theft) on these new in-dash units such as detatchable face or even some kind of "lockout" if the constant power lead has been intirupted?

Hi Brian, welcome to the forum.

There probably is, but it was not demonstrated.

Thanks Jason

Security is probably the one thing keeping me from picking up at least one of the current units. I do hope the new generation has a good anti-theft solution :)

was there any discussion of downloadable POI's or new voices for the navigation with any of the units?

Any talk if the bluetooth updates(pull iphonebook) in the F-series are part of the summer update for the z series?

You can download POI's via a SD Card. Not sure if you can change voices, the one I played with had a mans voice.

I doubt the bluetooth phonebook will be a update for the Z Series. The bluetooth in the F Series was totally redesigned, and includes VoiceBox.

I got another question: where there any sirius or XM mentions?

I really wish the sirius interface in the Z3 looked a little more like the XM one. and that the memo functionality let you save just the artiist.

Sorry, none of the demo units had XM/Sirius receivers, I'm not sure what it looks like.

Will there be an option to use an external mic for bluetooth/voice command? I read that there is a microphone built into the HU itself.
I'm pretty sure I remember them saying you could hook up a external mic.
For the voice control, do you just say anything you want at any given time or do you have to press a button before saying "Play album... " or "call home"
You press the big silver button.

Thanks for the reply! There's like no coverage on these new units with the exception of that halfassed engadget snippet the other day. So big thanks for filling all of our questions on this stuff. Can't wait to get the 900, looks so much nicer than my old D3 and even my new Kenwood DNX5120.

Will there be an option to use an external mic for bluetooth/voice command? I read that there is a microphone built into the HU itself.
I'm pretty sure I remember them saying you could hook up a external mic.

Thanks for the reply. Did the reps provide any details on the improved routing engine? I love Garmin, and it may push me to the Kenwood DNX series. From what I've read, the previous iteration of the Pioneer routing engine was terrible.