AVIC411.com

AVH-P6800DVD and AVH-P6000DVD, what's the difference?

Has anyone used these two units and can tell me what the difference is?

I was really bored so I went so far as to compare the owner's manuals page by page and only found minor wording changes. It seems the ONLY difference is TV tuner control and navigation control have been removed from the manual. The manual for the 6000DVD does mention it's compatible with TV tuners, but has no section on it.

Is that really the only difference? No change other than navigation delete? Or is that really still there and only removed from the manual because they no longer offer the add-on nav unit? Is the "NAVI" soft key still there?

I have trouble believing they'd bother to spend the money making a new manual and new model number on the same old unit without changing a single thing.

Thanks, sounds like a downgrade.

I don't know why they would have bothered to take support for it out of the firmware, but I guess maybe they wanted to prevent an influx of calls from people calling to ask where they could get the navi add-on when they don't offer it anymore.

Looks like the 6800 is a better unit.