AVIC411.com

PIONEER AVH-P4000DVD BYPASS HELP

Please help! I bought the relay mentioned from Radioshack, and used crimp disconnects to attch it to the relay. I'm getting sound but no picture. Can anyone please help? Also is there any tricks to getting the iPod to work? I have the cable from Pioneer and its bringing up the controls but won't play any music. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Please help! I bought the relay mentioned from Radioshack, and used crimp disconnects to attch it to the relay. I'm getting sound but no picture. Then you didn't do something right. Go back and check your connections. Start by hooking up all connections with bare wire, no crimps. Then make sure you're connecting to the correct blades on the relay. If you have the 5 blade relay, make sure you're not using the "a" blade. Also, your two ground wires need to go to the same ground, not separate.Can anyone please help? Also is there any tricks to getting the iPod to work? I have the cable from Pioneer and its bringing up the controls but won't play any music. Any help is much appreciated.Can't help you on the Ipod...sorry.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
hi i jus installed the avh-p4000dvd in a car but cant get the dvd to play while driving. . what do i hook up for it to play. . do i use a toggle switch????any help

You can use a toggle switch, but it's cleaner in my opinion to use a relay, that way there's no stinkin switches to worry about. You crank up the car and hit the OK on the disclaimer screen and off you go.

Go back to page one of this thread and read the posts. Relay part# and instructions (to include a very large diagram) are all there.

• 2 weeks later...

Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD Video Bypass - 12 Volt Relay

Here is my diagram I drew up this morning based of the information I found off a few websites.

This is so easy you could train a monkey to do this in mass scale if you had a crap load of bananas.

Just wanted to provide some feedback since I used this forum as part of my research.

• 5 weeks later...

so with that relay there, i think for my receiver, the avh-p3100, i have to wire the blue/white amp turn on wire in place of the remote wire.

BUT i have that wire crimped together with the power amp wire and power antenna wire from my harness.

so if i take out that amp turn on wire and solder it to the relay wouldnt i lose sound?

unless i have to solder all three to the relay?

but i dont know what effects that would have..........

so with that relay there, i think for my receiver, the avh-p3100, i have to wire the blue/white amp turn on wire in place of the remote wire.

BUT i have that wire crimped together with the power amp wire and power antenna wire from my harness.

so if i take out that amp turn on wire and solder it to the relay wouldnt i lose sound?

unless i have to solder all three to the relay?

but i dont know what effects that would have..........

You have the right idea, but no...first off, that blue/white wire is the amp turn on, which is also called the remote wire. You're probably thinking that those are two separate wires, but they are one in the same, just have different names.

That blue/white wire (let's call it the remote wire for simplicity) on the head unit harness is used to carry a "turn on" signal from the head unit, to whatever it's connected to. In your case, the head unit tells your amp to turn on. All you need to do is send that same "on" signal to the relay, via that wire. All you really need to do is splice/crimp another wire from the remote wire to the relay...just that simple. No need to pull it our of the configuration you have it in now, just add another piece.

What I would do is find a spot on the remote wire that is coming out of the head unit and skin a little of the jacket back. Take a new wire, strip one end, wrap it around the exposed remote wire a few times and then solder it to hold. Wrap that connection with e-tape. Then at the other end, strip enough back to fit into a female spade connector. Crimp on your connector and slide that spade onto the relay.

That should get you what you need 8)