AVIC411.com

Use Ford built-in Sirius antenna with Z1 & SIR-PNR2?

Hi again,

Anybody know if the Sirius antenna built-in on new Ford vehicles uses a standard connector? When I install the Z1 I want to keep Sirius as I've had it for years. I know I can't use the Ford Sirius receiver but would hate to have to add a second antenna when there is a factory installed one on the roof already.

If the connector is Ford-specific, anybody know if anybody makes an adapter cable from Ford-Sirius to standard Sirius?

Thanks again to all for the great information I've already received from this forum.
Most of the newer Sirius units (including the one from Pioneer) use a single plug for the antenna. The antenna on your Ford is most likely of the 2 plug variety-incompatible. You may be able to - if you're handy - Use the cover off the Ford antenna to cover your new antenna by disassembling the antenna and using 3M double stick tape to cover your new antenna after you've run the cable through the original antenna's hole. I've done this on the H2, Silverado, Magnum and 300C so far.