AVIC411.com

The Z, N, and D series will do mph, voltage, g forces, lateral g, time, slope, and compass.

The F-series isn't even out yet, so I think it would be unwise to start guessing about its future capabilities

What sort of vehicle dynamics can the Z2 display? Also, do you know if the the F series will have the capability to display vehicle dynamics in the future?

Thanks.

Nice. Thank you for the reply.

Quick question... The NAV system that comes with my car (I didn't get the NAV) shows average miles per gallon and things like that. Can any of the Pioneers be able to do that?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the dates are the release dates not videos.... and no the pioneer does not show MPG...

Nope, those are the dates for the videos. It clearly says the actual product will be released in June.

Pioneer is taking a direct chapter from Microsoft Zune (and others) who had weekly updated teaser videos leading to the actual release. It looks like we'll get one video per week through June 10th.

The technical term for this is "hype".

I think the dates are the release dates not videos.... and no the pioneer does not show MPG...

Nope, those are the dates for the videos. It clearly says the actual product will be released in June.

Pioneer is taking a direct chapter from Microsoft Zune (and others) who had weekly updated teaser videos leading to the actual release. It looks like we'll get one video per week through June 10th.

The technical term for this is "hype".

And HYPE it is!

The original press release clearly stated a June 2008 release. The main area with all of the videos also states a June 2008 release. The dates on the video thumbnails are definitely the video release dates. This will give a teaser video every Tuesday through June 10th with a release date of probably June 17th. This seems the most logical IMHO...

this is the email I got last night.... so June it is now...

The conversation begins now.

Introducing Pioneer’s AVIC-F series – a new type of car system that changes the direction of navigation.

Now all your weather reports, movie times, and traffic reports are at your fingertips with MSN® Direct and you can choose your iPod® playlists by just asking for it.

Catch a glimpse of the navigation system in action by watching the first in a series of videos that will change how you speak to your car. Watch Video

The conversation continues on 05.27.08

Look for AVIC-F series products from your Pioneer dealer in June 2008.

Hey all,

Have been looking at various double DIN options for a while now and came across the F900bt yesterday! I am sold. It does everything I want it to.

FWIW, spoke to Pioneer UK yesterday and they're sticking by their mid-June spiel.

Was wondering if anyone knew what the security/anti-theft set up is? If there is one? Does the face plate come off?

And a strange one... are these Pioneer units possible to debadge..? Thinking it may be possible to make it look factory to deter prying eyes.

Cheers all, tJ.

Could you imagine if all the hollographic designs really jumped out at you? Cool, hellz yeah. Safety hazard, definitely. Man I really want this thing. I doubt if anyone will buy a 7 month old D3. Only time will tell.

*sighs* what am I supposed to do with the D3 now...?