AVIC411.com

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total guess here...but probably because of price. They obviously wanted higher resolution monitors but had to keep the price somewhat near the price of the D3. Going .3" smaller probably kept costs down a little bit

Nice video.

Why are the screens getting smaller??? Seems weird to me too.

hey guys, i am a new poster but have been reading the board for months now. i am TICKED, i just got a avic-z3 installed in my 06 grand cherokee limited TWO DAYS AGO. and after seeing the F series i am TERRIBLY regretting it. i think im gonna sell it on ebay or something now once the f series releases lol

Just was about to pull the trigger on a D3 for a 2008 F150, but I'll be waiting now.

The new F900BT looks sweet!

Did you have to sneak that video or something? looks like it was taken from a hidden camera.

Oh... I should add...

Did they finally fix the SIRIUS interface??????

Will it allow you match your dash colors.. like the D3? I have a Z2 and a D3 and I will be changing out for the new one...

Yes. There will also be a PC Program that will let you customize it further, save the profile to a SD Card, and load it onto the unit.

Hi,

Do you know if F series supports DVD-Audio??? Is it HARD DRIVE based? If so, how much??

Also, you have mentioned that the only difference with Z2 is the VEHICLE DYNAMIC DISPLAY....Just wondering...what does that mean? Thanks....

The 900BT supports DVD Audio. It's flash based, no hard drive. They also removed the vehicle dynamics display. If you don't know, it was the screen that showed your G-Force/angle/cornering/etc.

Dang,

Looks Like my Z2 is going on ebay pretty soon before the general public sees this beauty. With the ability to update POIs so easily, this one looks like the one to get.

Are there any arguements out there on why to stay with the Z series before I start putting my factory radio back in for the time being?

Are there any arguements out there on why to stay with the Z series before I start putting my factory radio back in for the time being?
Only that the Z has a larger screen, can store some music on the HDD, and has the vehicle dynamic display.

Well ebay it is. The Z2 was great, but if I can get some kind of return on it still than I better sell it now. That's the problem with technology. There's always something better coming out and you'll be trying to keep up throughout your life.

Looks like this is the way Pioneer is going with the SD format for maps and such. The Z3 may be the last in the Z series, or not. Just speculation which could further be argued do to the lack of change (besides maps) from the z2 to z3.