AVIC411.com

so far....im in on the pioneer f90bt wagon.

no reason to not get it....yet!!

3" smaller? eh...i can live with that.

lets see how things get as they start rollin it out

$1200 fo the top of the line f?

thats cheaper than a z!

Questions-

1-being that it will use msn direct for traffic, etc..does this mean the xm nav traffic is done or will be an option?

2-Premiers f90bt will be the z equivelent? meaning top of the line? why wouldnt pioneer put it under its name instead of its subdivision?

3- will it use the same interfaces- GM onstar, pac swips, etc..?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions-

1-being that it will use msn direct for traffic, etc..does this mean the xm nav traffic is done or will be an option?

2-Premiers f90bt will be the z equivelent? meaning top of the line? why wouldnt pioneer put it under its name instead of its subdivision?

3- will it use the same interfaces- GM onstar, pac swips, etc..?

1. Things don't look good for XM NavTraffic. It was my understanding that MSN is a replacement for NavTraffic, but you can still receive XM of course.

2. The Premier unit has higher level audio outputs and a included iPod cable. Also, Premier products have a better warranty.

3. Yes, it uses the same connections as the current units.

to me the SD card is a reason I will not be looking at the F series. I like the hard-drive and the bigger screen and the lack of bad microsoft ideas like MSN direct :D

whats wrong with MSN direct? I saw that as a nice option. I see a one time fee of a $129 being better then the xm deal. But i dont care for xm. I can listen to cd if need be. I do however like sirius and there OLD country station, the XM one sucks. But the only reson i know that is because sirius comes with my Dish tv service

I what do you mean the NAV will be flashed bases? will it be on a SD card that you have to leave in the unit or do you mean it will be on a internal chip.

Can you put music on the SD card and listen to it, or will it just be for updates

I was wondering how pioneer was able to have a Top of the line F unit come in at $1200 yet the Zs are $2000 msrp. guess we know why the HDD was left out

I what do you mean the NAV will be flashed bases? will it be on a SD card that you have to leave in the unit or do you mean it will be on a internal chip.

Can you put music on the SD card and listen to it, or will it just be for updates

The F series has internal flash memory. You do not have to leave the SD Card in. It's only for music/pics/videos and updates.

This question is about USB. is it another adaptor we have 2 purchase or built in? Next question: will this series allow us 2 search through music by providing a qwerty keyboard or we have scroll through all?
It's built in, but you have to buy the cable. (it's included with the Premier) You can pull up your music using VoiceBox, no need for a keyboard.
it wasnt answered in my earlier question-

-whats up with a zune interface?

-will it use the the same rca(white) and power (black) harness as the d3's?

Not sure about the zune. I can't give you a definite answer on the harness since I didn't see it, but I was told it's very similar to the D3.