AVIC411.com

XM question

Hey whats goin on. I just updated my software to the 60MT.

I have had xm radio since day one, and it works fine. I can select it from the Source menu and play it without a problem...

However, there is some XM options in the Traffic/Info tab. When I select XM status (i think its called that) or somthing, it says that XM radio is not connected and does not display my radio ID like it should.

Any ideas?

Also, I have seen screenshots of the new 60mt software, and the XM stuff looks like this:

[img]http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_3430/303187180AVIC-N3%20XM%20Interface%20-%20Coldplay%20216.jpg[/img]

Mine does NOT look like that at all, rather the old 40mt style. XM navtraffic is all greyed out. I know I live in Canada and I dont think that would work anyways, but any help as to why my XM looks different than all of yours would be great :)

Thanks
For the older AVIC-N1 and maybe N2, I dont know, you won't get a updated IPOD of XM menu, not sure why must have something to do with the hardware.
Check out the software link on Pioneer's Site for 60MP
[url=http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069687_298045943,00.html]Link to CNDV-60MP[/url]

If you look on the bottom you will see:
Note: Does not change the XM Radio or iPod Interfaces.[/url]
ahh! I see I have the GEX-920XM, and I guess the one withthe NavTraffic is the GEX-P10XMT. I will try to order the GEX-P10XMT then...

however, I'd assume the GEX-P10XMT will correct the issue with the xm on my Avic-n1? Didnt the N2 have NavTraffic? Did it list the long names and channel icons as well?

Maybe thats an XM tuner issue, not N1/N2/N3 issue?
I do understand the new ipod stuff is a N3 issue.

Am I correct on this?
  • 2 weeks later...
I have the same probelm. Avic-N2 with 60MP software and connected the GEX-P920XM.

The XM status shows: not connected, no radio id, no status.

What is going on? The funny thing is, I'm getting all the channels and it's working fine!

Also, no logos on the channel either.. damm marketing need to buy the nav traffic one to get channel logos???

Please help....

Is there a bug in the XM unit?
I have the GEXP10 NavTraffic tuner, AND have NavTraffic activated on my account, but there are ALOT of channels that don't show the logos on my N3! I thought I had the newest flip out unit. I can understand the newer XM channels would not have a logo available, but how come XM202 High Voltage's logo doesnt show up on my n3?

PS - With the GEXP10 unit hooked up, it does show my radio ID and positive Status.