AVIC411.com

Just had my Z1 installed yesterday. Seems to work, except lights don't dim and Parking Brake wires not cut yet. Have an appointment for tomorrow AM to fix the light dimming. Installer said there was two wires - which one do I cut and does that stop the red parking brake light on the dash from coming on?

The Door Chime is REALLY LOUD. Perhaps I missed it, but is there anyway to lower the volume on the chime. It sounds like it is coming through the speakers.

I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado 3500.
depending on the interface module they used for the truck. most of them have a volume control.

they can adjust it for you. free of charge. they should have gone over that with you.

and the illum doenst dim the buttons it just changes the ack ground to the night mode

and you dont cut any parking brake wire AT ALL.

if you are trying to get video while driving you need the piece from ducatiboy here in the forum.

sounds like a newbee installer. be careful.
[quote]depending on the interface module they used for the truck. most of them have a volume control.

they can adjust it for you. free of charge. they should have gone over that with you.
[/quote]

Circuit City installed the Z1. Not sure what interface module they used. I'll ask tomorrow when I take it back in.

[quote]and the illum doenst dim the buttons it just changes the ack ground to the night mode [/quote]

He claims he hooked it up right. Do you know if my '06 Silverado has an ILL wire?

[quote]and you dont cut any parking brake wire AT ALL.[/quote]

Okay, I'm confused - what is the talk about pulling the Parking Brake wire and taping it up so it doesn't short out?

[quote]if you are trying to get video while driving you need the piece from ducatiboy here in the forum.[/quote]

Yes I have the flasher unit installed, it just doesn't dim at night with lights on and I need to put the Parking Brake on so I can get the video even in Park.

Sorry for all the dumb newbie questions
will i just quit circuit city a month ago. i waas the car audio manager for the leading circuit city in the toledo, ohio district. i moved so that made me look for a new career. [b]ROADSHOP!!!. [/b]the bypass they used doesnt have the illum output. they have to go to another source for that. and the bypass does have a volume control.

you ground the radio parking brake wire to keep the video on.

and the bypass unit makes its so you dont have to use your factory parking brake. like above you just ground the radio parking brake wire to the black ground wire coming off the radio.

plus just to let you know by the installer installing that bypass he can be fired on the spot. no big deal.
To answer your questions about illumination and the chime module.

Circuit City uses the Metra OnStar / Chime Module interface. I bought my module from them to use it instead of the PAC interface that's twice the price. Yes there's a volume adjustment on it and my guess is that if the chime is annoyingly loud then you're likely going to hear motor noise as well. I found that the default volume of the module is a painfully loud door chime but also that I had a constant motor noise like a typical cheap amp or ground loop issue. I've got mine dialed down to about 15% on the module and the motor noise is gone and the door chime is about the level it was from the factory.

There is no illumination wire on your truck, GM uses the databus or whatever it's called to control illumination on the factory stereo. Your installer is going to have to run an illumination wire from the head unit over to the headlight switch and tap into a wire off the switch that's +12v when it's on. It took me a bit to find one that worked reliably.

Hope that helps.