AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

How do I know if my hard drive is unlocked? I did the 2 wire bypass with my Z2 and upgraded per the Z2 bypass file. Now I have remove my hard drive, connect to my computer and upload the new files?

If you connect your HD to your PC and you can look at the files, then your drive is unlocked and ready for the new image.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you use a new drive and put it into the Z2 with the Z3 image it will try to lock the drive? if so how do u unlock it so it doesnt lockt he drive?

thanks

You need to do a little reading to avoid creating an anchor. Some people here have done a lot of work so that spoon feeding won't be necessary. Check the excellent Hard drive FAQ sticky. :D

I have a new Toshiba MK8025GAS 80GB ATA. I assume this will be ok? The search function hates me. I can;t find a thread with how to utilize the extra space. Even if I can't, I'll just partition it to the stock size and load this image up. I'm stoked to try it!

That 80 gig drive will work fine. Be aware that the GAS drives, just like the Pioneer Z drives (also GAS) are at 4200rpm, slightly slower than the GAX drives (4200rpm vs 5400).

I have a new Toshiba MK8025GAS 80GB ATA. I assume this will be ok? The search function hates me. I can;t find a thread with how to utilize the extra space. Even if I can't, I'll just partition it to the stock size and load this image up. I'm stoked to try it!

That 80 gig drive will work fine. Be aware that the GAS drives, just like the Pioneer Z drives (also GAS) are at 4200rpm, slightly slower than the GAX drives (4200rpm vs 5400).

damn i didnt realize that i have the toshiba mk4025gas but i got it from a friend for $40 so i figured for that price it was a good deal.

First able let me thank everyone for their hard work on the Z3 Image, thank you much!

Second, I wanted to know if anyone is encountering PROBLEMS with the new Z3 image (used Megaupload to download the RAR files). I restored it on the original 30gb drive from the Z1 and the entire process when without any problems. This morning I installed the HDD in my car and I noticed whenever I pressed the VOICE COMMAND icon it made the system to reboot. Do we have a corrupted image?

Well I assumed FTP would be the most surefire method. Let it download all night, just came into the office to load up Acronis True Image and the archive is corrupt :evil:

BAH.. Now I have to wait until Monday. Anyone else had luck with the FTP image?

I had the same problem, and we're looking into it. The image validates on garrettoomey's machine, so he's going to do a CRC check to see which is the offending file. I removed the ftp info until then.

First able let me thank everyone for their hard work on the Z3 Image, thank you much!

Second, I wanted to know if anyone is encountering PROBLEMS with the new Z3 image (used Megaupload to download the RAR files). I restored it on the original 30gb drive from the Z1 and the entire process when without any problems. This morning I installed the HDD in my car and I noticed whenever I pressed the VOICE COMMAND icon it made the system to reboot. Do we have a corrupted image?

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14934

Thanks Hyperite!

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14934

Thanks Hyperite!

I am wondering, if any Z2 users that upgraded to the Z3 Image are having the Voice Command problem?