AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

ftp image worked great. i upgraded my z2 to the z3 with no problems. voice recon is working perfectly along with everything else(so far). i was able to keep my library intact also. thanks for all the people who got this image and the people who posted. this is truly a great site. thanks again

did u dl from megaupload or ftp?

what is the FIRST WORD in the post that you quoted....

:roll::roll::roll:

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine up and in. I used the FTP image. Changed the MSV to 18 gigs vs. 9 as well. I have 40 gigs free still (new 80GB Toshiba), but I heard too many things about going bigger and it blowing the image up. It booted and said "applying update" do not turn power off, it then rebooted about 30 seconds later and said "update failed". I was think "oh well, it was worth a try", then it loaded again with the same message, rebooted, then said Update Completed. Booted into the spalsh screen where I was pleasantly greeted with the 02/2008 TeleNav maps. That's all I wanted. God I pray it has my neighborhood in it. Nothing's more pathetic than hitting "go Home" and it basically shows I'm offroading for a mile :lol:

I hope it stays stable. BIG BIG Thanks to all of you who go this thing ripped.

Just to clarify, but the mega and ftp images came from different sources, so the files are not interchangeable.
Sources aside, they should both be of the exact same thing -- a virgin Z3, right? -- and therefore should be interchangeable. ... Problem is, there's a problem, and I'm curious what it is.
i downloaded the mega upload septicdeath version and copied it to my HDD np.
Is anybody NOT having the reboot w/ voice command issue?

If so, answer these questions:

-What physical model are you upgrading (Z1 or Z2 on the faceplate)

-What software are you upgrading (Z1 -> Z3 or Z2->Z3)

I D/L the image from megapath and i have a Z1 that was upgraded last year to Z2 and now Z3 with this image and I can confirm that when hitting the voice command button my unit reboots. :(

I am currently D/L the image from the FTP and will try with that next.

i downloaded the mega upload septicdeath version and copied it to my HDD np.
Is anybody NOT having the reboot w/ voice command issue?

If so, answer these questions:

-What physical model are you upgrading (Z1 or Z2 on the faceplate)

-What software are you upgrading (Z1 -> Z3 or Z2->Z3)

i have a Z2 upgrading to z3 i have not tried the Z3 image in my Z2 yet but the megaupload image i downloaded was successfully copied to my MK4025GAS HDD but i need to remove the security before putting it in my drive first.

will let you know if i get the rebooting issue or not.

I just installed the FTP image with the new part 1....no problems!!! Thanks to everyone. :lol: I didn't use the entire image, instead I used the instructions provided to maintain my music and settings from my old Z2 image and just applied the new maps and software partitions. This was all done on the original Z1 unit. Oh yeah, no reboots from voice command. Hopefully everything stays stable. :)

The second software partition on the mega image has 365MB of data and the partition on the FTP is 428MB of data. This is where the problem lies i believe.

Whatever, no use in wasting time trying to figure it out. I removed it from the first post.