AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FTP - This will be very fast...

Holy crap, no kidding! I'm getting 9.3mbs down!

So, FTP d/l finished in about 3 hours. Waited for a lunch break to drop it onto the Z1's HDD (took about 20 minutes) and took it to the car.

Thank god my Franken-Z (Z1, upped to Z2, upped to Z2/Z3 Mash-Up) took the firmware update and is now a true Z3. Voice commands work perfectly (not that I use them).

Current versions:

VERSION: 03.0000

CDDB: 07-01-0030

PLATFORM: 3.000100

GPS PROGRAM: 1.200000

HDD APPLICATION: 3.100200

Wait a minute... The FTP Z3 image has the old CDDB? lol. At least that can be updated.

Hmm...so this is not the virgin z3 drive...the CDDB is not updated...weird...i am still using the harddrive i bought for $160 on ebay..everything is fine :) updated from z2 and now i have a z3 with all correct numbers and voice commands work...wish knew how to make an image so you guys have a REAL VIRGIN z3 image. This is weird how it works for some people, and then doesn't for others.

Hmm...so this is not the virgin z3 drive...the CDDB is not updated...weird...i am still using the harddrive i bought for $160 on ebay..everything is fine :) updated from z2 and now i have a z3 with all correct numbers and voice commands work...wish knew how to make an image so you guys have a REAL VIRGIN z3 image. This is weird how it works for some people, and then doesn't for others.

No, all this means is that the Z3 the image was made from was manufactured before the CDDB update was applied to Pioneer's master.

Still seeding. So, I have a question for those of you that have applied the image. With the voice commands... by chance can we use the voice commanbd as it should have been set up in the first place.

Example <pressing green phone button> <Talking to Sheila(I had to name it because I find myself talking to it WAY too much)> "Call home" <Pressing Voice icon/button> Connected.

Because in reality, mine works more like this... <Pressing gree button> <Talking to Sheila> "Call, Call phone number, <spitting out numbers instead of a phone lable/name> <Pressing voice icon> Call connected.

Seems like a few wasted steps. Plus I don't memorize every phone number that I use. That would be some 150 or more numbers... who does that? I was just wondering if the voice command had been improved any at all. I notice someone already commented that the "listening quality" wasn't improved.

Thanks for everyone who provided the Z3 image. I orginally downloaded the septicdeath image via megaupload and was happy until...

I downloaded from the FTP site and am down seeding for bittorrent to help give back to the community.

Thank you to everyone... hyperlite... septicdeath... FTP hosting person, everyone. I really hope I can contribute back in some way as this community has made my AVIC experience fantastic..

T H A N K Y O U!!!

ftp z3 upgrade success.

Tested it for several hours today. I used as many features as I could. Voice recognition seems improved. I increased my music partition from 9.8 GB to exactly 30 GB. My capacity went from 52+ % down to 16+%. Okay math majors.... how many gigs of music do I have ?

My drive is a 60GB toshiba MK6034GAX

Thanks to everyone. AVIC411.com rocks