AVIC411.com

Don't you just hate it ...

Looks like I've got a BIG problem with my Z1

Would love to have the Z3 image BUT can't use voice commands (and I use them a lot...) because every time I go for the voice command button, it reboots on me

I CAN ALSO CONFIRM (from my standpoint) that it doesn't matter where the image comes from, both suppliers images off eBay exhibit the same issues

Oh well, back to original standard for me

FYI: Build date on my Z1 is Apr 2006

I just grabbed the box, it felt a little heavy so I looked inside and found a 110V converter I thought I'd lost a while ago :D

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BIG FLOPPY.......... this looks like an opportunity, not a problem... lets fix it :idea: ...........

Looks like I've got a BIG problem with my Z1

Would love to have the Z3 image BUT can't use voice commands (and I use them a lot...) because every time I go for the voice command button, it reboots on me

Oh well, back to original standard for me

BIG FLOPPY.......... this looks like an opportunity, not a problem... lets fix it :idea: ...........

Believe it or not, I've actually been looking forward to getting rid of the Z1 and moving to a D3... this way I can dump the Z1 and get a D3 for basically no money out o pocket... remember, the "mishmash" that was talked about in other threads, that actually works in my Z1 BUT I'm wary at this stage just in case anything elaw is seriously wrong with my hardware... the Z2 upgrade works perfectly well

i wonder if it is a problem with the mega upload image then. i tried doing a full reset and I also was in the service menu system on it that you get to by hitting reset while holding eject. then you get the message on the screen and press plist up, up, down, down then the T button. I was looking through the version information and i saw some things were still 2.0 and not 3.0 on everything also I was looking through the error logs and noticed there were tons of errors related to the hard drive. I am wondering if it is because either A. it is not the original drive that belongs in there or B. it is a drive that I disabled security on so it cannot be locked.

Garrettoomey your image is the one on the FTP server correct? Is that known to be good and working that I can try out to see if that fixes the issues.

Information incase it can prove to be useful and dont have to search for it:

Pioneer AVIC-Z2

Hard Reset Unit:

When Pioneer boot logo appears on screen during startup press and hold the MAP BUTTON. Keep holding it until the reset menu appears and choose the option desired.

Service Menu:

Fold the screen down by hitting the eject button on the front. Make sure there is no disc in the unit. Once the screen is down press and hold the inner EJECT BUTTON while taking a small pin and pressing the small RESET BUTTON on the front panel. You will see "Push Reset button or Restart Engine" at this time release the EJECT BUTTON.

Enter the following password sequence:

P. List Up

P. List Up

P. List Down

P. List Down

T

Service Menu Will Appear, Hit the outter face close eject button and you will be in service menu.

Use arrows to move between options and pages, use AV for back button, and use T for enter button. To exit push reset button or turn car on and off.

I ALSO NOTICED: that when you hard reset with the mega upload image and do the hard reset by choosing clear all data. it freezes and just chills there until the unit is powered off and on again. I think its the mega upload image that is bad.

7200 RPM :shock:

did you road test that HD ?

with out any problems ?

the one thing i will say though is that the 60GB 7200 RPM laptop hard drive that i stole from my dell laptop is fast as hell. The pioneer boots up in seconds.