AVIC411.com

Update the splash screen while you have the drive out!!

Those that are loading the latest image onto the Z* hard dirve might want to consider removing the Pioneer banner while you have the HDD on the bench.

You don't need any special software, just search the LDATA partition for the files CPYCUSTOM.BMP and CPYDEFAULT.BMP and rename the BMP part with OLD.

You can then put in a new custom splash screen into that same location called CPYCUSTOM.BMP without getting the Pioneer banner over it. :wink:

what is the size that fits the screen perfectly? like 1024x768 or whatever. what aspect does the zx need?

Abe :)

500x240.

Actually, to be totally correct, the resolution according to pioneer is:

Pixels..................................... 336 960 (1 440 x 234)

They count the RGB pixels separately, so the real resolution is

( 1440/3) x 234 which equals 480 x 234 :wink:

Hello-

I checked the resolution of some of the .bmp images that were on the Z3 update. They all were 500x240. Your mileage may vary.

Possibly, the difference is not that much as it automatically scales anyway.

However, 480 x 234 is the true native resolution....

Possibly, the difference is not that much as it automatically scales anyway. However, 480 x 234 is the true native resolution....

When the Z* hard drive is hooked up to your PC, you can right click on any of the screen images to be found on the 17.5 gig partition under "BG" and select "Open with". From the drop down list chose your photo editing software (Photo shop). Here you will see that the images are indeed all 500X240. All Z1, Z2, and Z3 images have always been 500x240.

No need to confuse anyone with some theoretical values.

Using the above method you can change the CPYCUSTOM.BMP to be found under BG/COPYRIGHT, by simply painting with the black background color over anything that you don't want to show up.

You can also add a logo, your License plate or your name so that it is always visible over any image that is displayed as your opening screen.

I just left the Tele Atlas info, moved it close to the bottom and added a small VW logo.

post-1036-12872754332186_thumb.jpg

Possibly, the difference is not that much as it automatically scales anyway. However, 480 x 234 is the true native resolution....

When the Z* hard drive is hooked up to your PC, you can right click on any of the screen images to be found on the 17.5 gig partition under "BG" and select "Open with" from the drop down list chose your photo editing software (Photo shop). Here you will see that the images are indeed all 500X240. All Z1, Z2, and Z3 images have always been 500x240.

No need to confuse anyone with some theoretical values.

Yep, and equally easy to check is that, if you f.i. dispay a perfect circle, it will be slightly oval at 500 x 240, and perfectly round at 480 x 234.

However, everybody should just use what they want... :P

Yep, and equally easy to check is that, if you f.i. dispay a perfect circle, it will be slightly oval at 500 x 240, and perfectly round at 480 x 234.

Dude, you sure have a need to have the last word and to correct others even when they're right.

:roll: Pioneer screen images have allways been 500x240. Besides 500x240 and 480x234 are identical ratios of 2.1 unless you want to split some more hair and go to 2.051 vs 2.083. No visible oval either way. Give it up already, you're not contributing anything here. :roll:

Passat, thanks for that overlay tip :!:

JWG you crack me up :lol: You mean to tell me that you can see an oval instead of a circle when you use what Pinoneer uses: 500x240 :?:

I have modified all by background screens with the full circle VW logo over the full height of the Carbon, Wood and Steel images and it always shows up round.

The question earlier was: What should the image size be and the correct and short answer is 500x240 because that is what Pioneer uses. Yes you can use just about any other resolution and as long as you stick to the 2 to 1 ratio they will all display circles rather than ovals. :roll:

you crack me up :lol: You mean to tell me that you can see an oval instead of a circle when you use what Pinoneer uses: 500x240 :?:

:

Yes exactly, since you bring it up. I have an Alfa, also with a round logo. It bugged me no end, when I actually measured it on the Pioneer using the 500x240 the hight was not exactly equal to the width, though only very little difference, till I changed the resolution. However, nothing to do with this thread, so subject closed. I'll just do it my way, you do it yours :wink: ...

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree that the 500x240 size background did NOT give me a round BMW roundel. I ended up distorting the roundel in photoshop to be shorter in height by about 5-10% before I found a version that looked round. I tried many different variations on height on the background too ranging from 234 to 280 (without adusting the width) with no change in the oval shape for some reason. Also, it looks like RBG black (0,0,0) is set as a transparent color for the splash screen. I had to make a background that was black, change the CPYCUSTOM.BMP and CPYDEFAULT.BMP files in the BG folder of the LSAT partition in order to get a nice background and BMW roundel on the startup splash screen