AVIC411.com

Did Pioneer turn their backs on the D3???

Okay Im not sure if this has been brought up before but I would like to know and I think many others as well, will Pioneer EVER fix the issues with the D3??? I know the F series is comin soon and I take it their main focus is on them BUT are they turnin their backs on us D3 owners??? I mean don't release a product that has issues and NOT want to fix them. They should be keepin their customers happy by fixin all these bugs.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will never be any fixes to the problems that are based on hardware, simply because it's not possible without sending in your unit. And maybe there will be fixes to software problems, but we will never really know until an update disk is released. You'll just have to wait it out and see just like the rest of us.

Agreed,

People are always quick to point out faults of something yet rarely tend to comment on its good aspects. Yes I agree that the Nav on the D3 has issues, and that the iPod Interface, while good, could used a little work, and the Sirius Interface is a little lacking, but overall its still a great unit. And with the current pricing, you can scoop one up for one hell of a deal. Think about it this way. Just 6-7 years ago for 600 bucks I bought a DEH-P9000, now you can get a D3 for less than that. I call that a screamin deal.

Well you are correct. Can't knock the D3 but what I have a problem with is the 2008 update disk. I think they should have a set date release every year so in that way we all know when the disk will be out and we don't have to keep askin the same questions.

Well I only have three complaints about the D3, one is pretty major, the other two or more incovenient that anything else. The major complaint is the often plain retarded routes that the D3 wants you to take. It will often route you several miles out of the way to go to a destination that is easily reachable by established roads in a more direct route. While aggrevating in an area where you kinda know where you are going, it will still get you there when you are in an area that is completely unfamiliar and you would be lost otherwise, its just takes a bit longer.

The other two minor complaints is the Sirius interface, while not Pioneers fault, I wish it were more like the XM interface with artist, track and album detail, Station info, logos and such all available on the same screen.

The third is the ipod interface, while it is workable I would like to have seen the scroll funtion a little faster with the selection you are scrolling through visible. Maybe even a selector where you could begin your search with a particular letter of the alphabet.

Anyway thats my two cents.

And dont take it that Im nit picking it to death. I find that the D3 is a great unit whos performance and overall wow factor outway the issues I have raised above. I really do enjoy it on those long drives and while I am chomping at the bits to get a new F series, its really gonna be a debate when they are released if I really do wanna get rid of my D3.

The D3 sirius interface is 100X better than it was on the D2/D1.

I haven't had any navigation issues as of yet. I'm not crazy about the bluetooth in the D3 or the Z1/Z2. I think it should be flat black insread of gloss.

shit, all i know is that my D3 is LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than my N1.. i have ZERO complaints. it led me to a gas station that didnt exist once, and the ipod interface could be better, but it's 10000X better than it was on the N1.. I paid $750 for my N1 on promotion from pioneer when i was an installer and thought that was a smoking deal, after my rebate i got my D3 for $400 and it's far superior than my old N1. Sure, if i had thought about spending over a grand, id have something nicer, but i aint complaining.