AVIC411.com

AVIC - N1 bypass w/Hi-res board scans..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else done it?

It seem as if the thread is dieing now that I let the cat out of the bag.

I wish all the best of luck moding their N1's.

Now how to mod the N1's brain to work better with Sirius and XM.

Or better yet how to add bluetooth like the AVIC-X1BT as in Europe.

I but I could buy a X1BT brain and it'd work.

Anyone come across one please let me know.

Thanks,
"GUEST"
I've just done it.. works great!.. paul was right.. gotta have the right tools and the screws are easy to strip.. I had to use my swiss knife as a screw driver opening up those tiny ones. I also stripped one of the screws holding the metal plate covering the dvd drive.. luckily i have a dremel to cut the screw right across so it became a flat head :)

and do becareful when soldering.. the 2 points are semi difficult to me and i'm a noobish on soldering (did some xbox, ps soldering before).

Anyways.. thanks GUEST.. your info is greatly appreciated..
and thanks to paul for posting the pictures for opening up the unit.

[quote name="Anonymous"]Anyone else done it?

It seem as if the thread is dieing now that I let the cat out of the bag.

I wish all the best of luck moding their N1's.

Now how to mod the N1's brain to work better with Sirius and XM.

Or better yet how to add bluetooth like the AVIC-X1BT as in Europe.

I but I could buy a X1BT brain and it'd work.

Anyone come across one please let me know.

Thanks,
"GUEST"[/quote]
I just did the mod and presto!! It works as said. Man! I kinda cheated- The pics used to show the mod were mine, so ahem, I knew I was gonna find what was indicated by Guest. Thank you! Now I can remove my other vid screen from my dash. Liberated, Vindicated, whatever- I am Free!!!
p.s. you will still get those popup nag screens that you have to push the OK button on and your parking brake needs to be wired on, but otherwise video and navigation works like the old software!!! Now I just gotta clean up the flux on the board. The wire used is from a 80 wire IDE cable. Works good.
I too just tried the bypass and found that it does work very well! I found it difficult to soldier but not impossible.

I have one question for other people that have done the hack though. Does your speed readout on the vehicle dynamics still work? Mine doesn't show my correct speed now. I am going to do a software reinstall and clear out all of my memory to see if that helps. No big deal, I was just wondering.[/list]
Ihad my n2 installed a year ago. The installer said he bypassed the driving restrictions for me. Cool. Everthing was available to me while driving. Movies, rear video input, POI, maps, you name it.

I downloaded the v60 disk, burned it a DUAL layer, and upgraded my system. I can still watch movies while driving (at least from the external inputs, have not tried the internal DVD player though), but what I can't do it enable / search the POI or any of that stuff. Bookmarks work fine, but parked or driving. Ebrake switch or not, I can't get into about half of the features of the GPS portion.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can try? What I can look for? Is it possible my burned DVD is missing some vital part? any help would be great. My nav is now only partialy useable :(
This is really great stuff! Thanks very much for the info folks. I will try this right away =]

Out of curiosity though, how big would you say these points are? I'm sure many of you have modded an xbox, would it be in comparison?

Haha thanks again for the great info!
oh oh, got a problem.

It was pretty easy and I had no issues at all...cept after doing this mod I now get "mechanism error" on the bottom of the screen.

My avic sounds like its having problems when it powers up cause you can hear the DVD unit making that normal warmup noise, and taking longer than normal.

I can still use XM and the radio and all the buttons seem to work. Also, it wont take a CD in...and when I hit eject it sounds like it keeps ejecting but theres nothing in it.

Any ideas?
I also just done the mod and stripped those bracket screws beyond screw driver support :( thank goodness for the leatherman as I just loosened them with needle nose pliers and they came right out. I got a good grip on them with my leatherman and it was no problem.