AVIC411.com

AVIC - N1 bypass w/Hi-res board scans..

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey amp3d, thanks for that guide man, 1 day after I needed it :)
But I am sure many will be very happy you posted that!
Its a very good idea for stuff like this. Helps make a good walk through.
Next time you take a unit apart you should think about taking pictures along the way and making a step by step with pictures.
Once you done it a couple times, it gets allot easier, I was looking around allot the first time, nervous I wasnt going to mess something up, and also trying to find the exact spot I needed to open to get to that part of the board.
[quote name="jsdeprey"]Hey amp3d, thanks for that guide man, 1 day after I needed it :)
But I am sure many will be very happy you posted that!
Its a very good idea for stuff like this. Helps make a good walk through.
Next time you take a unit apart you should think about taking pictures along the way and making a step by step with pictures.
Once you done it a couple times, it gets allot easier, I was looking around allot the first time, nervous I wasnt going to mess something up, and also trying to find the exact spot I needed to open to get to that part of the board.[/quote]

Glad you guys appreciate it =]
As for the step by step pictures, I was hoping to do that to help people know which screws should be removed first etc but I didnt feel like removing the unit from my car again LOL, I missed my music =]

Sometime next week I should be working on another Avic belonging to my friend so I will try to get updated pictures when I open it up. If theres somthing you feel is missing let me know.

PS, I have completed the Downgrade info if you need it. Its in the sig.
Choww =]
[quote name="executioner"]Thanks for the downgrade info. :D What, no pics :shock: Can you get into this menu and then back out to normal without changing anything if you just want to look around? Keep up the good work. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Actually, I will try to get some pics for the downgrade tutorial later. I just have been very busy this weekend =] Plus its not like there are alot of pics floating around the web I can steal so it takes more effort =]

Yes, you should have no problem looking around the menus and exiting. It actually takes some effort to mess things up in there...but I dont see why you would need in there if you werent doing a downgrade.
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i have a customer that had me put a N1 in and grounding the eBrake didnt work. now i see you have a mod for it on here, but i dont remember ever doing this years ago when this came out. and ive done a lot of these N1's to. will a switch do the trick also or will it still cut the video out after a certain speed? and i thought i remembered something about running your video out into the camera input.