AVIC411.com

• 5 weeks later...

iPhone works, minus video. Some people are reporting iPhone voice command issues, and Pioneer is working on it.

The phonebook will transfer from a iPhone though, the AVIC pulls it from the iPhone.

I've been using the iPhone with the AVIC-F700BT. Here is what works and what doesn't.

1) Audio works flawlessly.

2) Album art is MUCH lower quality (in large view) as compared to when you plug in a iPOD. I have no idea why. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2) Video will not work AT ALL. (I hear it's because of some new authentication chip in the iPhone, Touch, and iPOD classic)

3) BT connects, but he call quality is horrible.

4) Address book transfers, but there is NO voice dialing by using contact names. I am thinking this could be because the iPhone currently (we'll see next week when the new one is announced) does not inherently support voice dialing. You can voice command dialing specific numbers though. (example Call - 901-533-3022 will work but Call - Bill Smith will not work)

I ended up getting an 5.5G iPOD, b/c I got sick of plugging and unpluggging by iPhone and now video also works well and album art is acceptable.

Over I am not happy with the F700. When you pay this much you expect better. Pioneer better come up with some quick fixes of all their problems, or else there is going to be an overflow of returns.

I've been using the iPhone with the AVIC-F700BT. Here is what works and what doesn't.

1) Audio works flawlessly.

2) Album art is MUCH lower quality (in large view) as compared to when you plug in a iPOD. I have no idea why. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2) Video will not work AT ALL. (I hear it's because of some new authentication chip in the iPhone, Touch, and iPOD classic)

3) BT connects, but he call quality is horrible.

4) Address book transfers, but there is NO voice dialing by using contact names. I am thinking this could be because the iPhone currently (we'll see next week when the new one is announced) does not inherently support voice dialing. You can voice command dialing specific numbers though. (example Call - 901-533-3022 will work but Call - Bill Smith will not work)

I ended up getting an 5.5G iPOD, b/c I got sick of plugging and unpluggging by iPhone and now video also works well and album art is acceptable.

Over I am not happy with the F700. When you pay this much you expect better. Pioneer better come up with some quick fixes of all their problems, or else there is going to be an overflow of returns.

Sorry to crash the IPhone discussion, but...

I have the same voice issues with a Blackberry 8830. Transferred all addresses and numbers. Will dial numbers, but not names. Sound quality blows.

Oh, and now you tell me that I can expect my IPod Touch video not to work.

I guess that's what you get as an early adopter...

Thats correct... The iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPod Classic will not work for video on any pioneer unit. Like Newbie said, it has some kind of chip inside of them that only allows video to be played through apple made products. But all should allow music to come through.

• 2 weeks later...
can anyone confirm that saying a name does not work for dialing contacts with an iphone?

I can also confirm that saying the name does not work, I tried multiple times. Saying the number works though. The voice command really sucks for everything. Hopefully I firmware fix will help (keeps fingers crossed).

Wow... this is the first I have heard that it doesnt include apples latest chip. If thats the case... the touch and iphone will never see full support. That chip is required. That I know. If this is the case... I'm canceling my order after I confirm with Pioneer support.

Its not like Pioneer couldnt have developed for this platform. The spec has been out for quite some time now.