AVIC411.com

Wow... this is the first I have heard that it doesnt include apples latest chip. If thats the case... the touch and iphone will never see full support. That chip is required. That I know. If this is the case... I'm canceling my order after I confirm with Pioneer support.

Its not like Pioneer couldnt have developed for this platform. The spec has been out for quite some time now.

There is no "CHIP". Apple merely changed the pin order for the dock connector with the 6th gen ipod, touch/iphone series. It states in the F series specs that all of the 6th gen as well as touch ipods are compatible with the new F series. My guess is with the video portion of the iphone is another bug in the F series system causing it not to work properly. The voice integration not working properly with the iphone is a known bug and hopefully will be fixed with a firmware update.

Wow... this is the first I have heard that it doesnt include apples latest chip. If thats the case... the touch and iphone will never see full support. That chip is required. That I know. If this is the case... I'm canceling my order after I confirm with Pioneer support.

Its not like Pioneer couldnt have developed for this platform. The spec has been out for quite some time now.

There is no "CHIP". Apple merely changed the pin order for the dock connector with the 6th gen ipod, touch/iphone series. It states in the F series specs that all of the 6th gen as well as touch ipods are compatible with the new F series. My guess is with the video portion of the iphone is another bug in the F series system causing it not to work properly. The voice integration not working properly with the iphone is a known bug and hopefully will be fixed with a firmware update.

Bro... go develop some Made for iPod products for a living... then come talk to me. The pin order has nothing to do with the authentication chip. Your guess about it being another bug is wrong. A simple google search will show you have no idea what your talking about.

http://voipservices.tmcnet.com/news/200 ... 206613.htm

Ahh ok smart ass. I happen to have done it with my iphone and with a non iphone compatible dock and a cable that has no chip in it. I have also completely disassembled the latest iphone compatible Apple Composite AV cable to set up a custom dock and cradle to mount my iphone in my car to view youtube through the aux on my D3 and there is no "CHIP" in the cable. The "CHIP" started as a myth as a way to explain as to why the sixth gen and touch/iphones would not work with previous dock accessories. The reason why they would not work is because with the touch/iphone models Apple introduced both composite and component AV and changed the pin order to suite rendering a lot of previous accessories incompatible. I also suspect just by looking at the new Pioneer ipod cable for the F series that there is no "CHIP" installed.

Mine works fine dialing by contact name.

Call ____ at _____ works fine

With the iphone?

Yes

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes your whole address book doesnt get transfered. I had to redo mine a couple of times and once or twice the whole phone book didnt transfer.