AVIC411.com

dvd bypass problems.

i'll just throw this out there did you do the reset from the faceplate function? i'm not in anyway an expert with this system but i learn a little more each time i play with the functions.

i did my own install of all wires in about an hour 1/2, including bypass, with the parkin brake toggle switch ground. even though it always displays the parking brake inproperly installed, it still functions through the bypass. hope this helps.

this is my problem now i've just upgraded my N2 with the 70mt copied discs. i did notice the difference in the maps.

the other thing i notice is that my grounded bypass w/ toggle switch is working in a different way. it look to me as if Pioneer was aware of the current grownded bypass, and programmed the new upgrade disc to ignore the parking brake once the vehicle is showing motion from the VSS.

very smart on their behalf, i put the system in connection mode and immediately noticed the happenings. once the vehicle is stopped and the parking brake switch is grounded it will say parking brake on, but once your car comes to a roll, the status changes to parking brake off, and youre locked out from accessing address inputs.

after a week with this unit and, i see they found out how to build a better mouse trap, i'm done. i dont watch movies while i drive, and with an operational bypass i now see how easy it is to become distracted messing with the touchscreen and having to hit your brakes on short notice to avoid running into the person in front of you.

that being said i will now obey the rules, no more bypass for me i love my Acura Legend too much to ram her into a brick wall.

Finally someone with my problem, Maracura94 you just describe what I'm going through. I have also upgraded to the 70mt disc and my bypass doesn't work. Does seem like they program something into the disc to ignore the parking brake and either use the vss or gps to determine if your moving. Hopefully someone can chime in on this or my other option is just use it the normal way.

Finally someone with my problem, Maracura94 you just describe what I'm going through. I have also upgraded to the 70mt disc and my bypass doesn't work. Does seem like they program something into the disc to ignore the parking brake and either use the vss or gps to determine if your moving. Hopefully someone can chime in on this or my other option is just use it the normal way.

the way i figure it using a real disc as whtcrx stated should not make a difference, the system upgraded with the disc without a hitch. if the copied disc were missing any input, i think the system should some how reject the discs with an error code of some sorts.

Nahrah it looks like the only other option is the soldering option, which i'm not going to do, since its not that important. until i find out something that doesnt void the warranty, i'll just let it be.

the way i figure it using a real disc as whtcrx stated should not make a difference, the system upgraded with the disc without a hitch. if the copied disc were missing any input, i think the system should some how reject the discs with an error code of some sorts.

Nahrah it looks like the only other option is the soldering option, which i'm not going to do, since its not that important. until i find out something that doesnt void the warranty, i'll just let it be.

Funny you say that because mine is already solder on the bottom. If I unhook the parking wire from the ground the navi thinks I'm moving even tho I'm in park and I will automatically get the warning (viewing in front..blah. blah . blah.) So yea I'm with you on this one I'm just going to leave it alone .

so none can help me on here? i did not update my disc. all of a sudden im getting the warning message? can anyone one tell me what i can do to fix it? is there a wire to check? maybe it came lose? thanx to everyone. i need it to work for my passenger i have enough sense to know to keep my eyes on the road. ok thanks everyone! Memorial Day!