AVIC411.com

CD-IB100 Ipod 6th gen trick?/ workaround?

I have a crazy idea. A little on the extreme side. The "blue" wire (on CD-IB100)that is pulled gives functionality on the click wheel, but without the wire, the HU screen does not display info and all iPod control on HU is lost. I'm thinking of splicing this blue wire and setting a rocker switch between. That way I can control it from the ipod when I need by flipping a switch. Then when I want to use the HU display or controls, I'll switch the switch back. Does any know if this will work?

So I tried my idea. It kinda works; i tried it with both an iPod (80 6th gen) and an iPhone. Here's what happens:

1) With the rocker switch set to "off" and the iPod is plugged in, control is gained with the clickwheel; however, display and control is lost on the HU (avic z1)

2) If the switch is "off" and switched to "on," the iPod clickwheel loses its control and display, and the HU gains both display and control

3) If the switch is "on" and switched to "off," the HU loses control but has display; the iPod does NOT gain control nor display.

4) Switching the rocker back to "off," still doesn't get back either control, so the stero sits in anarchy with no control

The same goes for the iPhone. So in summary, the switch only works in one direction and need to be unplugged to go back. You can go from iPod to HU, but not HU to iPod. If you know you're cool with either HU or iPod having control, this is cool. But if you're used to 5th generation click wheel workaround, this technique sucks.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Just wondering if you guys know if Pioneer is working on a new version of the CD-iB100II . I've been trying to get something for my ipod but i only heard 2 starts reviews about the interface being slow. I also looked at the cable whithout the interface, but i assimed you can't use the Avic interface with just the cable adapter, right?

Oh, i forgot to say, i owened an Avic-z1 upgraded to a Z3.

Any help or feedback will be great.

Thanks a lot,

Zeek

• 2 weeks later...