AVIC411.com

Avic D3 + Ipod = freezing and "error 11"

Ive seen a couple people have similar posts but it seems like noone got answers. I have a 1st gen nano and when i hook it up to the ipod adapter the ipod lights up, and the d3 ipod interface displays and says ready. The problem is there is no "pioneer" logo on the actual ipod and the whole interface on the d3 is completly inactive. Ive also tried a 5th gen video and has the same results. At best case scenario it actually works untill i change the song once or twice. Can anybody please help me out? thanks

this happens if the software can't establish control over the ipod.

i get this when i try connecting the ipod at the wrong time. usually during the first 30 seconds of the car turning on.

Best bet. Either wait for the radio interface to come up fully first, Or plug it in before you turn the car on.

I've seen that message one or two times. And ^that's exactly when I saw it. If I either have it hooked up before powering up the D3, or wait for a minute after powering it up, it connects fine.

My 1st gen Nano is plugged into the D3 all the time and I get that message at startup about once every month or two. Not sure what causes it but all I have to do to get it running is unplug the nano and immediately plug it back in. Not a big hardship for all the convenience it provides. If your Ipod is relatively inaccessible then that may be a problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently got this error-11 after my ipod nano froze during installation of itunes on my computer. While it was frozen I plugged it into my D3 and have gotten the error since. I've reset the D3, toggled the charge setting numerous times and I disconnected and reconnected inevery possible sequence. I tried everything except a new cable.

• 6 years later...