AVIC411.com

Video Bypass and navigation options available in motivation

Remember to check your laws, most states prohibit video to be seen by the driver while the car is in motion.

Below are instructions on how to bypass the lockouts on the Pioneer AVIC-N2 and AVIC-D1. It is real simple, and does not require any complex switches or anything. We figure these are service or testing modes, and were not intended to become public. Our Pioneer guy claims to not know anything about it, but who knows, that may just be a line.

This bypass will do three things:

1. Makes all nav functions available while driving (just like they should be)

2. Make video playback available while driving

3. No more parking brake warning box!!!

AVIC-N2 lockout bypass: Underneath the MAIN unit (not the hideaway) is a small silver sticker, peel this back. There are two contacts with the label "R197". Drop a bit of solder between these to connect them. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire.

AVIC-D1 lockout bypass: Find an extra Pioneer wire harness, and pull one of the wires out. Or, if you do not use the A.ANT lead, pull that out of the harness. In the AVIC-D1 harness, there is one open spot on the connector (next to the ground wire). Put the wire into the open spot on the connector, connect the other side to ground, then re-connect the plug to the AVIC-D1. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire (or connect to a toggle switch if you feel the need).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also have done the mod on my D1, thing is it works only 85 percent of the time. The other 15 it boots up and all the nav options are greyed out as if the parking brake was down. If you check the system settings it says the parking break is on...why? I have already ripped apart the dash and regrounded my parking brake and my "bypass wire" and they are all fine. I do have the VSS wire hooked up, do you think if I ground it that would help? Also I do not have the reverse wire hooked up, I tried grounding it, but it made no difference weather it was grounded or dangling. Any suggestions would be great, before I go insane, I really want the nav to work all the time as it should...I could care less about video....thanks guys!!!

I also have done the mod on my D1, thing is it works only 85 percent of the time. The other 15 it boots up and all the nav options are greyed out as if the parking brake was down. If you check the system settings it says the parking break is on...why? I have already ripped apart the dash and regrounded my parking brake and my "bypass wire" and they are all fine. I do have the VSS wire hooked up, do you think if I ground it that would help? Also I do not have the reverse wire hooked up, I tried grounding it, but it made no difference weather it was grounded or dangling. Any suggestions would be great, before I go insane, I really want the nav to work all the time as it should...I could care less about video....thanks guys!!!

That's weird... 85% I havent noticed any problems yet *knocks on wood* but it's only been less than a week.

The parking brake should show ON if it's grounded.

I never hooked up my VSS wire.. I wonder if that is causing problems for you.

Did you ground your VSS or did you just not connect it? Also what about the reverse wire?

Both are not connected & not grounded.

Everything works great. I was going to connect the VSS wire but the NAV seems to track perfect without it. And the Reverse wire... Everytime I start the car the AVIC begins with the full screen reverse view until I switch to nav. So it doesnt bother me that much. I'll connect it when i get a chance.

OK this is getting really frusterating, I disconnected my VSS, and now not only is my bypass the same as before (about 50/50 for working actually bypassing) but now my car does not track straight on the map...grrrr...I also noticed that when my mod does not work, as in when I can not add search enteries into the nav, I can still watch video?!? So I am wondering if maybe my unit isnt just screwed up. I am tempted to go buy another one and see if it works on that one. Anyone got any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I found the most random solution to my problem. I made a copy of the west disc....I run my nav off the copy and the bypass works 100% of the time, and has been working 100% for a good 2 weeks now. I dont know why this is, but I was planning on running the burned disc with the updates XM table anyway, so I am satisfied. I am just confused that a nearly exacty copy of the original disc runs perfect, and the original does not work...weird.