AVIC411.com

D3 iPod Classic Downgrade How-To

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! I got this thing just to play the music video's form my Ipod. I got the video to the screen now but I still can't use the Ipod for control. The Ipod keeps asking my to connect to a TV, even though the avic is playing.

Anyone have a fix for that?

I cant seem to get the "use older version" tab to come up ....it keeps asking me to use the same version i already have.......frustrating !!!

It works!!! I got the same message you did then I noticed that his instructions tell us to go into settings and tell it to not automatically check for updates. This should fix it. It did for me. Tested, Tried, and True.

Thanks a ton. It kind of sucks though that tons and tons of people have bought these Avic-d3s and no support. It seems as of now they have no in manufacturing the cable to decode the video. Good news though.... they said the newer units will have the updated cable!! ha ha ha

I actually figured out the problem....since my ipod was brandy new, it didnt have the update folder in the unit yet....i had to perform an upgrade.....so i could then downgrade.... i got it workin now.....but it has frozen on me a few times.....but i reset the ipod....and it works again.

just bought a 80 classic, downgraded and video plays but i have had lock-up issues as have others.

question is given this is somewhat of a workaround, what is the best-practice methodology for using it to prevent lockups during video?

presuming i use the d3 to control, play/pause seems to work fine. skip formward/reverse seem spotty.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this tonight and it worked for me. Here's my one issue I have found. I plug in the cable and play the videos, right now I have 4 movies on my iPod. I can use the D3 controls to fast forward/rewind and move to the next movie and I don't have to unplug the cable each time I move to the next movie. The only time I have to unplu and replug the cable is when I try to go from the last movie back to the first movie. No biggie, but that is the only issue I have encountered so far. Of course I only played with it for about 5 min, will get out there tomorrow and really test it out.

ok i think i figured it out......after a restore with 8 movies and 297 songs...i plugged the ipod into my truck.....movies alllllll played fine....i hit the button on the screen to switch to music....played music fine......but when i tried to go back to video....no luck.....couldnt get videos to play again......so basically....if u dont put any music on ur ipod........the video portion of the ipod should work fine..... that really defeats the purpose....but until someone creates software that actually works....we have to pick our poison.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to successfully downgrade the firmware for my ipod classic to 1.0.2. But I still can't seem to get my D3 to play video from my ipod. I've set the TV Out setting to On but I still receive the message to connect an accessory. Is this method just hit or miss, or are other steps/settings on my ipod that need to be changed?

TIA

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There was something to do with shuffle being on to that made it act up but I forget exactly what it was... I remember sitting in my car the 1st night (late at night) trying to figure out how to make it work and getting pretty mad LOL

Now I use it all the time without even thinking about it and dont have any problems (with videos or music, I have both on my ipod) its a little tricky switching between the 2 and for some reason I never use shuffle and in fact I remember yelling at my kid once for turning it on but I cant remember why LOL

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...