D3 iPod Classic Downgrade How-To
Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:44 AM
1. Download the zipped firmware and signature file http://www.mediafire.com/?gzeyvtmmb2g (After spending a couple hours on the interweb I was able to locate the files and upload them to MediaFire to make it easier for AVIC411 users to download)
*NOTE: Downgrading firmware will format your player, so backup your data before continuing. Also, this guide is solely for the iPod Classic using WINDOWS!*
2. Open iTunes, head to Edit > Preferences > General and untick ‘Automatically check for updates’. **CLOSE iTunes**
3. Go to "Start" > "Run" > %appdata% > "Apple Computer" > "iTunes" > "iPod Software Updates"
4, Delete the files ‘iPod_220.127.116.11.ipsw’ and ‘iPod_18.104.22.168.ipsw.signature’ or whatever may be inside.
5. Unzip and put both the downloaded files into this folder.
6. Plug in your iPod and start iTunes.
7. Head over to ‘Devices’ and select ‘Restore’. A dialog box will appear asking if you want to check online for updates, click ‘Don’t check’.
8. Another dialog box will appear asking if you want to use an older version, select ‘Use Older Version’.
9. You should have successfully downgraded your iPods firmware.
This was adapted from a different tutorial but with specific steps for this application and firmware ( http://spr33.co.uk/w...irmware-102-101 )
Before you can play video set the "TV Out" setting on the iPod to "ASK" and when you want to play a video you will have to unplug and plug the iPod in before the video will actual play on the D3 and you will have to use the iPod click-wheel to navigate.
This worked for me so I thought I'd share, if it doesn't work for you..SORRY, and if it does, try not to hit anyone/anything while watching movies
Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:15 PM
Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:30 PM
What version of Itunes are you using. I do not have the iPod Software Updates folder nor can I find any *.ipsw files on my HD. I am viewing hidden and system files so that's not it.
I have iTunes 22.214.171.124, if you run "%appdata%" from the start menu it should be right there and it's not a hidden file if i remember correctly
Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:31 AM
Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:23 PM
Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:25 AM
Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:50 PM
Everything is fine for me except part 8. I don't get an option to restore to "use older version." I just get the option to either cancel or if I would like to restore it to the current version which is 1.1.2. I have a 5.5 ipod.
Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:38 AM
Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:24 PM
Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:53 AM
i have the same problem with the restore and my next folder after "itunes" is "iTunes Plug-ins", should i put the files there (the folder was empty)?
Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:12 PM
^^^^some know what should i do?
Do you have a iPod Classic of a 5.5G video??
Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:22 PM
if it helps the firmware now is 1.1.1 and the ipod works only with itunes 7 and up.
Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:45 PM
The downgrade was done, in this guide should be written to do first upgrade to the last version then do the downgrade.
Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:07 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users