AVIC411.com

Our distributor had a big sale tonight and the Pioneer guy brought a AVICF900BT to show. Looks flippin awesome. Bluetooth worked great even on the iphone, album covers were cool. The voice recognition worked perfect for bluetooth, but only got like half of the artist and album names we tried. They did say its a prototype so it should be fixed by release. Snapped some pics for y'all, sorry the deck didn't come out good, but the flash ruined the screen shots. The plastic was glossy like the D3

post-18762-12872754339601_thumb.jpg

post-18762-12872754340769_thumb.jpg

post-18762-12872754342_thumb.jpg

post-18762-12872754343124_thumb.jpg

post-18762-12872754344138_thumb.jpg

post-18762-12872754345306_thumb.jpg

post-18762-12872754346418_thumb.jpg

post-18762-12872754347453_thumb.jpg

post-18762-12872754348964_thumb.jpg

post-18762-12872754350138_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working scroll wheel still would be cool though. Thanks so much for the pics! I REALLY hope that they fix the voice command for the iPod. It's one of my main reasons for selling my Kenwood. They better have this fixed by release, especially if the voice technology is done by Voicebox, who claims to be an industry leader in this stuff. Hopefully this was just an early prototype unit just like the one shown at Cebit 2008 and not just one off an early shipment, which WOULD reflect the final software. Fingers crossed on that one.

Any comments on operating the unit? Like how to switch to the bigger album art, is the scroll wheel functional, how fast/responsive the iPod interface for scrolling is, or any other cool tricks/findings? Thanks again, still can't wait for this unit!

Its not a scroll wheel, which doesn't matter to me since there would be a big smudge on my screen all the time. There is alphabet search now though, guess I forgot to take a picture of that but it was there. I have a D3 and the scrolling thru the ipod menu was way faster on the F-series, not that I am sure I will use it with the voice activate. He said they fixed the ipod video problem for the classics and new nanos too.

P.S. 1 If you look at the ipod screen pic with the small album art, you just touch the album cover on the screen and it stretches it out to makes it bigger, which is seen in a different pic

P.S. 2 The navi menu is different that the previous one they have used forever, so it will take some getting used to, but still looks pretty easy to use. No telephone # search though

Same here. Another thing I forgot to mention is that you can also now dial those POI that you find in the search if your bluetooth is sync'd up like the Z series does. Little button appears at the bottom of the screen to dial

Find POI along route, now thats a feature we've definitely needed. Going to POI's (gas stations) 10 miles back isnt really a timesaver on long trips.

P.S. 1 If you look at the ipod screen pic with the small album art, you just touch the album cover on the screen and it stretches it out to makes it bigger, which is seen in a different pic

That's what I was thinking once I took a good look through the pics. Thanks for confirming. And I am SO HAPPY to see that we can dial the POI through BT. That is what I wanted with the D3/Kenwood that I never got due to poor BT/Main Unit interoperability.

1. Yes

2. No, its MSN direct instead. No

3. Not to me, but to each his own

I have a few questions:

1. Can it still do Sirius and XM together

2. Is it XM Navtraffic? and weather compatible?

3. I know it is smaller but does the screen feel smaller?

90 also has a 2 year warranty and 4-volt preouts

So the only differences between the AVIC-F900BT and the AVIC-F90BT is that the F90 comes with the Ipod cable and has 3D landmarks?

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the big deal about 3D landmarks anyway?