AVIC411.com

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The unit only plays AVI's from the DVD drive, and MP4's from an SD card or USB drive. Either will work just fine. I guess it depends on how much data you're talking about. A DVD can hold a certain amount if info, but an SD card or USB drive can hold more.

But sometimes playing videos from the SD or USB source can get laggy at times.

But as far as video quality is concerned, they are both the same. I just depends on how good and at what resolution the video is encoded.

• 3 weeks later...

USB video or Ipod video. Could someone upload 2 images showing the quality on the screen? (About the same video of course...)

Seems that using ipod is far more comfortable, however if the USB HDD has better video quality I'd vote for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, you can play movies from both the SD card and USB input. I have tested them both myself and they both work. But for some reason video playback from the SD slot seemed a bit laggy to me, but tat may be because the video I was using was a very high resolution and the unit had to resize/shrink it while playing.

I tried some videos with my USB key, and they where not resized, is this a setting or i need to re-encode my video to 800x480 ? Watching small videos is pretty boring...

Yes, you can play movies from both the SD card and USB input. I have tested them both myself and they both work. But for some reason video playback from the SD slot seemed a bit laggy to me, but tat may be because the video I was using was a very high resolution and the unit had to resize/shrink it while playing.

I tried some videos with my USB key, and they where not resized, is this a setting or i need to re-encode my video to 800x480 ? Watching small videos is pretty boring...

i have the same problem

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16833