AVIC411.com

Why did Pioneer drop the ball on the display of the radio information? Did they really think people would want to press a button multiple times to see the artist name and song title? I just got myself a D3 and I really like it but such a half assed feature as that makes me want to return the unit since it clearly has enough space on the screen for the information.

:evil:

Well it's not likely the box since on a similar box for Alpine and Kenwood both will display the needed so it seem to be more a retarded thing with Pioneer than with the makers of the box.

And Im not going to return the Sirius since I like them and don't have to pay for a subscription due to their mistake.

I just don't understand how a company could let such a crappy limitation that affects the entire product line of Pioneer continue with out a simple resolution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
It sucks only after you see the XM display.

Or a Sirius display done right. The Sirius display in my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer is amazing, really love it. The Pioneer Sirius display is truly lame, but since it's the only game in town I'm sticking with it. Plus, I don't want to pay an extra $6.00 a month to subscribe to Sirius and XM. Maybe with a little luck the merger will make that issue go away eventually, then I can swap in the XM box and have a nice display and a slightly different radio lineup in my MR2.

Well it's not likely the box since on a similar box for Alpine and Kenwood both will display the needed so it seem to be more a retarded thing with Pioneer than with the makers of the box.

And Im not going to return the Sirius since I like them and don't have to pay for a subscription due to their mistake.

I just don't understand how a company could let such a crappy limitation that affects the entire product line of Pioneer continue with out a simple resolution.

Pioneer outsourced the SIR interface and therein lies the entire problem

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...