AVIC411.com

Installing PAC Steering Wheel Controls on a 2007 Charger

I've installed the AVIC D3 using the METRA CHT01 unit and am getting ready to install the PAC steering wheel controls SWI-CAN and SWI-PS. I need to hook the SWI can unit to the car. There are five wires on the SWI-CAN unit that need to be connected. Three make sense to me.

Black - Ground

Red - Accessory 12v Output

Yellow - Battery 12v

They will hook into the same color wires on the harness.

The confusion comes with the

White/Red - CAN (+)

White/Black - CAN (-)

I'm supposed to hook it to the vehicles interior CAN +/- wires and am referred to PAC's vehicle application chart for the location of the wire.

That's where I get lost. I have no idea of what the diagram on the second page of their instructions refers to.

http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/s ... 0guide.pdf

Can anybody give me some guidance on where to hooK these two wires to.

Thanks.

Bob

I think I figured it out. The diagram shows the 22 pin connector that used to connect to the radio and now connects to the Metra unit. Looking into the unit, pins 5 and 6 on the connector are marked on the diagram. If I figured this out correctly, I would tap into the wires equivalent to these pins. Can + goes to pin 5 and Can - goes to pin 6.

hi there the manual that u can see online at peripherals website should show you positive and negative can. let me know if you have any trouble with that peswican. ive had nothing but problems out of the 2 ive sold. i refuse to do steering wheel controls on dodges now.

the problem i get is that they stop working after a week or two when i stick my head under the dash (which is where i moved the swc boxes to after all the fn trouble theyve had) and the pe swips will not be illuminated meanning the swican didnt give it an accesory signal to turn on. so i unplug swican and what do you know it works again. two weeks later rinse and repeat

ive had peripheral tell me that i need an adapter like the cht1 ur using so i dropped 70 bucks on an adapter and same problem exists.

I have the SWI-CAN and SWI-PS for my 2008 Volkswagen GTI but I cannot make them work. I have a VWAH harness which means EVERYTHING should be plug and play. But the SWI-PS fails to be programmed everytime. I am in talks with them but due to the American holiday this Monday, I will have to wait till Tuesday for more information.