AVIC411.com

2002 sport trac pioneer edition avic z2 install need help

hi all first post great site. here is my problem. i recently bought the avic 2 from crutchfield and they sent the wire harness for the ford, i wired it doublechecked and tested the unit but no sound up front. i d/c all and checked the wires all solid connection and then put the old head unit in. it appears that all my front speakers work but come out of the smaller plug where the ford amp comes out of, in the pins in the ford there are 8 wires in crutchfield adption plug there is only 3 wires, is this the wrong harness they sent me ford wire harness reciver 19 , any help will be great thanks in advance

you could do the exact same thing that the "smal plug" from crutchfield is doing only youd need a wire diagram for that system. that pioneer edition is a wierd one luckily ive never had to do audio to one.

but basically if you can find what wires are going into your doors to power the speakers then follow them either to their own amp (worst case) or they lead right up to the cd player and into that small plug you would just need to find what wires are positve and what wires are negative.

if they have their own amp then you would need to power it up withe that blue/wht and find the pos neg wire colors.

id pull off the door and see how many speakers you have and what the wire colors are.