AVIC411.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="nexusgroove"] [quote name="Electron"][b]nexusgroove[/b]

You sound Like the 22 Year old POS Idiot that Killed My 18 Year old son on July 8th, He was only going 115 MPH and hit him from behind.

But you go ahead and drive like that all you want Mabey you guys can be roomies in Prison.

Now I am going to go try and comfort my sons 6 year old sister and 13 year old brother.

I assume you don't have a mother or father to devistate with your fun driving ability that you so happily admit to being able to do.

Ed Phillips :cry:[/quote]

In respect to your loss, I’ll ignore the “POS” comment.

I am 30 year old "pro" driver, I been racing maxed out mustang's in legit tracks and done my fair share of street drag racing, I also ride a CBR-900RR (180mph) and have lost many friends do to stupid and childish speed games. I sometime take my bike up to speeds of 160-170 for kicks but I do them in places where I can and can not hurt anyone but myself.

The only time that I would drive at such high speeds would be on back open roads where there is not traffic late at night. I respect other drivers and have a great deal of common sense.

Till this day I have not crashed or loss control of a Car/Bike. "knock on wood"

I take great of my car as if it was a tool, right tires, sport suspension and with the Z1 we even have a gyro! tell us tilt, angels.....

I know what my car can handle and that’s as far as I take her.

Why pay for a nice fast car when you just going to drive 45mph on dead empty roads that run thru everglades.. ?

Once again sorry for your loss, and there is a difference between being stupid and showing off and having control and taking driving and a professional common sense.

best regards to you.[/quote]

Well, unfortunately law is law and most of us pay for our expensive fast cars to use them at the track. I had a 2004 A4 I purchased in late 03 (one of the first in the area) and I hardly consider that car fast nor expensive. The entire line is extremely heavy and badly in need of a diet, doesn't matter which model, 1.8T - 3.0 - or the S4 in the A4 family. I'd pick a different car and go get that speed fix handled at any one of your many road courses down there in a track day.

"Pro" drivers don't take it to the streets. So lets not go there. Pro drivers preach safety so hardcore in normal every day driving, you would think they were Safety reps for local law enforcement, not race car drivers. The last thing any circuit driver, top fuel driver, or amatuer would do is put innocent lives at risk for a joy ride on some civilian streets..
Emay -- glad someone said it . . . . "professional" and "street racing" do not belong in the same sentence. In fact, they're mutually exclusive terms -- as are "responsible" and "160 mph" and "back open [public] roads".

nexusgroove -- I'm all for modifying and personalizing your vehicle (cosmetic, acoustic, performance or otherwise) and some of the stuff you're talking about doing with your Z1 does sound really interesting . . . but it sounds like you're still living the 18-22 year old lifestyle. To each their own, it's just that 160 mph on a public road (no matter how deserted they are) isn't something I normally associate with someone who (at 30) should be mature enough to know better. Divert a little of the money you spend on mods, rent some track time and get your 'jones' statisfied that way. This sounds harsh, and while I mean it I don't mean it in an aggressive, screw you way, but . . . . while I have no malice towards you individually, I hope you're caught, arrested and have your car impounded before someone is seriously injured (yourself included).
[quote name="dhodory"]Emay -- glad someone said it . . . . "professional" and "street racing" do not belong in the same sentence. In fact, they're mutually exclusive terms -- as are "responsible" and "160 mph" and "back open [public] roads".

nexusgroove -- I'm all for modifying and personalizing your vehicle (cosmetic, acoustic, performance or otherwise) and some of the stuff you're talking about doing with your Z1 does sound really interesting . . . but it sounds like you're still living the 18-22 year old lifestyle. To each their own, it's just that 160 mph on a public road (no matter how deserted they are) isn't something I normally associate with someone who (at 30) should be mature enough to know better. Divert a little of the money you spend on mods, rent some track time and get your 'jones' statisfied that way. This sounds harsh, and while I mean it I don't mean it in an aggressive, screw you way, but . . . . while I have no malice towards you individually, I hope you're caught, arrested and have your car impounded before someone is seriously injured (yourself included).[/quote]

Like everyone has stated, to each their own.

I guess the driving ethics differs from state/city depending asfar as the the living the 18-22 year old lifestyle. I'm 30 and young at hearth.

I understand all your reply's but the scene is just different from other areas,

I only hit 160 on my bike,
Never had a ticket, never wreaked, and never loss control of a car. I learn to drive on a controlled police training track with water effects, 10/90 oil slick on road, sand,

and passed with flying colors.
I even have a cert for defensive driving.

The Z1 is a great unit for now.

-- off topic --

And this "mod" I have created just got me out of some legal problems,

here in miami, most cops run 90-100mph on the highway on their way home so I DO tag along, why not he's doing why can't I. So i paced the cop car at 97mph for about 12 miles, he decided to slow down and pull me over. So I did, he asked why was I speeding and he was going to ticket me...

I told him he was halling ass so why can I?

He told me he's a cop, he can do whatever he wanted.

Bingo.
!

I have the video and audio on my dvr.

so while he was writing his ticket I was rewinding my dvr and when he came to me to sign this $378 ticket; I showed him what I had on the DVR.

A. him speeding home - non- work related.
B. The conversation was recorded, when he pulled me over.

once he saw, that he said have a nice night and forget the ticket.

I'm sure word will spread in the cop world about this.

Goood.

Cops downhere are bad. well most, I have many family memebers that are in the law-enforcement.

Thank you all for you comments and reply's

But I would rather hear from people about the tech side of this mod.

never mind about the speeding.

I am creating a surveillance system for you car intergraded with the Z1

Best regards
[quote name="Emay"] [quote name="nexusgroove"] [quote name="Electron"][b]nexusgroove[/b]

You sound Like the 22 Year old POS Idiot that Killed My 18 Year old son on July 8th, He was only going 115 MPH and hit him from behind.

But you go ahead and drive like that all you want Mabey you guys can be roomies in Prison.

Now I am going to go try and comfort my sons 6 year old sister and 13 year old brother.

I assume you don't have a mother or father to devistate with your fun driving ability that you so happily admit to being able to do.

In respect to your loss, I’ll ignore the “POS” comment.

I am 30 year old "pro" driver, I been racing maxed out mustang's in legit tracks and done my fair share of street drag racing, I also ride a CBR-900RR (180mph) and have lost many friends do to stupid and childish speed games. I sometime take my bike up to speeds of 160-170 for kicks but I do them in places where I can and can not hurt anyone but myself.

The only time that I would drive at such high speeds would be on back open roads where there is not traffic late at night. I respect other drivers and have a great deal of common sense.

Till this day I have not crashed or loss control of a Car/Bike. "knock on wood"

I take great of my car as if it was a tool, right tires, sport suspension and with the Z1 we even have a gyro! tell us tilt, angels.....

I know what my car can handle and that’s as far as I take her.

Why pay for a nice fast car when you just going to drive 45mph on dead empty roads that run thru everglades.. ?

Once again sorry for your loss, and there is a difference between being stupid and showing off and having control and taking driving and a professional common sense.

best regards to you.[/quote]

Well, unfortunately law is law and most of us pay for our expensive fast cars to use them at the track. I had a 2004 A4 I purchased in late 03 (one of the first in the area) and I hardly consider that car fast nor expensive. The entire line is extremely heavy and badly in need of a diet, doesn't matter which model, 1.8T - 3.0 - or the S4 in the A4 family. I'd pick a different car and go get that speed fix handled at any one of your many road courses down there in a track day.

"Pro" drivers don't take it to the streets. So lets not go there. Pro drivers preach safety so hardcore in normal every day driving, you would think they were Safety reps for local law enforcement, not race car drivers. The last thing any circuit driver, top fuel driver, or amatuer would do is put innocent lives at risk for a joy ride on some civilian streets..[/quote]

yeah they are cows stock. but after the chip the car, bypass the cat, install a nice bigger turbo and nice high pro tires you can get the A4 to handle and ride nice.

And I dont speed all day, its not a sport, and down here the nearest track is over 90 miles away.

thanks.
[quote name="Electron"][b]nexusgroove[/b]

sorry, but I have to ask. what kind of car did your son drive?

and what kind of idoit runs into a car at115mhp?
was he on the highway?
He was riding in the back of an 87 Mustang There were 3 other Boys in the car with him. OHP estimated their speed at 65 they were on an interstate with a 70MPH limit on there way to meet with a Marine Recruiter. The boys were all wearing seat belts but all 4 were still ejected, The car rolled 8 to 10 times. 2 Boys were LifeFlighted with Critical Head and Trunk Injuries 1 had Severe Pelvic Injuries, They will all recover. My son was Killed Instantly and was in such bad shape we were only allowed to see His left hand from the wrist down.( Try to Live with That. )

The 22 Year old Idiot that Murdered him was in a 2006 Nissan Sentra.

He is being Charged with Pre Meditated Murder due to his excess speed and the fact that there was an open lane that he could have taken, Instead he hit the Boys directly from behind at an estimated 115 with no indication that he tried to stop. He also had previous Tickets for speeding 16 to 20 over.

Laws vary by state with reguard to charges when speed is so excessive after a certain point it is no longer considred an accident but Murder.

Just please be careful and Think of your Mother and Father when you choose to drive like this on Public streets. I know our lives have been totally destroyed by the actions of this guys choice to drive like this.

Take a look at whats left of the Mustang: [url=http://www.kotv.com/news/?107445]http://www.kotv.com/news/?107445[/url]

Ed
[quote name="Electron"]He was riding in the back of an 87 Mustang There were 3 other Boys in the car with him. OHP estimated their speed at 65 they were on an interstate with a 70MPH limit on there way to meet with a Marine Recruiter. The boys were all wearing seat belts but all 4 were still ejected, The car rolled 8 to 10 times. 2 Boys were LifeFlighted with Critical Head and Trunk Injuries 1 had Severe Pelvic Injuries, They will all recover. My son was Killed Instantly and was in such bad shape we were only allowed to see His left hand from the wrist down.( Try to Live with That. )

He is being Charged with Pre Meditated Murder due to his excess speed and the fact that there was an open lane that he could have taken, Instead he hit the Boys directly from behind at an estimated 115 with no indication that he tried to stop. He also had previous Tickets for speeding 16 to 20 over.

Laws vary by state with reguard to charges when speed is so excessive after a certain point it is no longer considred an accident but Murder.

Just please be careful and Think of your Mother and Father when you choose to drive like this on Public streets. I know our lives have been totally destroyed by the actions of this guys choice to drive like this.

Take a look at whats left of the Mustang: [url=http://www.kotv.com/news/?107445]http://www.kotv.com/news/?107445[/url]

Ed[/quote]

Very sorry for your loss.

A 50mph impact, if the neither driver hit the brakes.

Down here in miami we have a lot of Fast and the Furious drivers in there little Honda’s that speed all day and night on congested highways, I for one don't do that.

Some one said on here to think about my safety, and I do! my safety is my problem just like jumping out of an airplane. Its you life on the line as long as you can not hurt anyone else.

But I can agree with you now with the SOB comment, and understand you anger and grief and why you replied to my post in the matter you did. But my post was taken out of context; the night driving is just one of the features from the system I installed, the system I have created using the Z1 has many other features that have nothing to do with racing.

Godspeed,

-Eddie
Thanks, for the comments

I apoligise for the POS Comment it was directed at the SOB that killed my son rather than directly at you.

I really take offense at innappropriate speed these days.

Yesterday I was going thru my neighborhood at 25 the speed limit a blond went around me going at least 40 you think she didn't get a piece of my mind turns out she was a class mate of my son and now she will think twice about endangering children at play and others.

Ed
  • 1 month later...
[quote name="Electron"]He was riding in the back of an 87 Mustang There were 3 other Boys in the car with him. OHP estimated their speed at 65 they were on an interstate with a 70MPH limit on there way to meet with a Marine Recruiter. The boys were all wearing seat belts but all 4 were still ejected, The car rolled 8 to 10 times. 2 Boys were LifeFlighted with Critical Head and Trunk Injuries 1 had Severe Pelvic Injuries, They will all recover. My son was Killed Instantly and was in such bad shape we were only allowed to see His left hand from the wrist down.( Try to Live with That. )

Ed[/quote]
Sorry to hear about your loss.
[quote name="Emay"]

[/quote]
While I'll agree that the A4 isn't particularly fast, & all Audi's ARE heavy, I'd be happy to meet you on the track of your choice, in whatever it is that you drive, for a friendly competition. I'd also gladly enjoy the agreed apon prize at the end, be it a Coke, $1, a beer......the keys to your car, whatever. The twin turbo S4 that I drive is really an impressive car with only minor mods, but when you throw in a tight set of coil overs, a high-bias (rear) center differential and BIG turbos, it's a real 4 door monster, capable of cleaning house with Porsches, AMGs, Vettes, Vipers & the likes.
[quote name="nexusgroove"]I have installed 10K HID's and 10K HID fog lamps so I have plenty of light to show my coming.[/quote]

I hope you know that your 10000K bulbs are not nearly as bright as the OEM 4100k bulbs. Just wanted to let you know that they are strictly for aesthetics. If you're truly concerned with safety and true HID brightness then you should switch back to the OEM bulbs.