AVIC411.com

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just throwing out ideas.

not sure if this is how it would even work or not.

but as for the parking brake. does the parking brake provide a low current voltage when engaged? if the AVIC brake line was something that could be hooked up to say, a remote line.? to trick the unit into thinking it's engaged? I'm guessing that if there was a computer signal for the brake being active. A. it would be different from car to car. B. the unit wouldn't know how to read it.

-> I re-read the previous post. interesting that it's shutting off after about 10mph. would it still do this with the GPS unplugged? and is the VSS line hooked up?

just trying to think of ways to trick it. fingers crossed that a solution can be found. I'd hate to have to hold onto my D3 because of this. I can't not have it bypassed. I need access to the nav features.

no vss wire on this unit. Uses GPS reception only.

Just recieved our first F700BT and installed it in my own car for inspection purposes. Very nice! Tried just grounding light green wire first and video shuts off when hitting around 10mph. then took the mute wire and moved it into the empty slot just above it on the end of the harness and grounded it. no luck and video shuts off the same. I'll keep trying other ways know and see if anything hits. good luck to us!

not to be a buzzkill, but a good portion of this forum is dedicated to finding ways to bypass pioneers units...im sure pioneer caught on and fixed the wire method for the F so it may be almost impossible to bypass it.

You are a BUZZKILL!!!!!!!!!! :evil::evil::evil: hahahaha Ohwell im sure with time someone with find some type of program or wiring change which would override their design. Its all a matter of time. Trial and eror an famous philosopher once said. Especially with this new flash card and they way technology is, im sure there is some computer guru which will be able to figure it out.

Just recieved our first F700BT and installed it in my own car for inspection purposes. Very nice! Tried just grounding light green wire first and video shuts off when hitting around 10mph. then took the mute wire and moved it into the empty slot just above it on the end of the harness and grounded it. no luck and video shuts off the same. I'll keep trying other ways know and see if anything hits. good luck to us!

not to be a buzzkill, but a good portion of this forum is dedicated to finding ways to bypass pioneers units...im sure pioneer caught on and fixed the wire method for the F so it may be almost impossible to bypass it.

You are a BUZZKILL!!!!!!!!!! :evil::evil::evil: hahahaha Ohwell im sure with time someone with find some type of program or wiring change which would override their design. Its all a matter of time. Trial and eror an famous philosopher once said. Especially with this new flash card and they way technology is, im sure there is some computer guru which will be able to figure it out.

haha, i also said i havent been following up with the F series cuz i think its overrated. but if you go back to whtcrxghst's reply, he gives a good point.

so :evil::evil::evil: bak atcha!!

so :evil::evil::evil: bak atcha!!

oh no you didn't. lol Well i think the D3's navigation sucked for the most part and the fact that the navigation disk were from 2006 and so many roads are under contruction in my area, the f-series is a nice choice. Plus it was a bi@tch pulling out the navigation DVD to watch a DVD or listen to a CD. But then again you aren't supposed to be watching movies while moving. :oops::oops: Plus i got almost what i paid for my D3 on ebay so i gota heck of a deal. Was only $350 to upgrade. :D:D

I PM'd the guy on eBay about the bypass and he says hes bypassed 3 of the new AVIC F series units with his method and each have worked flawlessly. If a few of you guys will pitch in I dont mind buying it and posting it on the site tonight, as I got mine in today. my paypal is masonellis@embarqmail.com, just some dollar or two donations would be nice. I understand im a new member but im pretty reputable on caraudio.com, same username. If you guys dont trust me we can do the same thing but have a more respected member do the same thing. just an idea.

I PM'd the guy on eBay about the bypass and he says hes bypassed 3 of the new AVIC F series units with his method and each have worked flawlessly. If a few of you guys will pitch in I dont mind buying it and posting it on the site tonight, as I got mine in today. my paypal is masonellis@embarqmail.com, just some dollar or two donations would be nice. I understand im a new member but im pretty reputable on caraudio.com, same username. If you guys dont trust me we can do the same thing but have a more respected member do the same thing. just an idea.

I dont see where he has it for sale any longer. I will donate to your fund though. The directions stated earlier on this site are a bit unclear, and untested.

Yeah its not listed anymore and I PM'd the guy stating I was ready to buy to repost, and the directions posted do seem a little unclear and unconfirmed, heck I would love to save some money. I will buy it regardless and post them up after I get it, them maybe some people will donate a buck or two to help out.