AVIC411.com

Updated Nav DVD's for D3??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cannot wait until they bring out the new discs i find that some roads are unaccurate and do not have the same bends and twists to them :( also when i had my n2 it didnt even have some of the streets even though they have existed for a long time (ie 5 years or more)

I personally think its kinda lame that Pioneer takes this long to release the update discs. I also think just because Pioneer is promotin their F series, they lackin the support of the previous models. I mean the D3 has lots of bugs and Pioneer hasn't budged to even address them. Just like some one pointed out, in the bluetooth menu, DIALED is spelled DAILLED. LMAO come on FIX IT. Overall the D3 needs new firmware, upgrades and the updated maps. Thats my 2 cents or maybe it was 3 cents :P

I personally think its kinda lame that Pioneer takes this long to release the update discs. I also think just because Pioneer is promotin their F series, they lackin the support of the previous models. I mean the D3 has lots of bugs and Pioneer hasn't budged to even address them. Just like some one pointed out, in the bluetooth menu, DIALED is spelled DAILLED. LMAO come on FIX IT. Overall the D3 needs new firmware, upgrades and the updated maps. Thats my 2 cents or maybe it was 3 cents :P

That would be great, but what are that chances of that actually happening?

That would be great, but what are that chances of that actually happening?

The chances of Pioneer doing just that you ask??? I think I have a better chance of having a navigation system named after me :?

Guest astrobill

My guess is they could easily add the RDS capability to the AVIC D3, but won't.

Have you all noticed the D3 isn't even listed as a current product on the Pioneer website anymore? As I said, they're not even selling it anymore on their site...this means the D3 has been DISCONTINUED, no?

By the way, doesn't it bother you that you're gong to buy the upgrade disks for $250 or so (assuming they even bother putting it out), when your neighbor gets free map updates on his $200 portable Tom Tom many times a year?

Thanks Pioneer! Way to value your customers!

My guess is they could easily add the RDS capability to the AVIC D3, but won't.

Have you all noticed the D3 isn't even listed as a current product on the Pioneer website anymore? As I said, they're not even selling it anymore on their site...this means the D3 has been DISCONTINUED, no?

By the way, doesn't it bother you that you're gong to buy the upgrade disks for $250 or so (assuming they even bother putting it out), when your neighbor gets free map updates on his $200 portable Tom Tom many times a year?

Thanks Pioneer! Way to value your customers!

It's been stated before, multiple times. ALL disk based nav systems will need upgrade disks, and the upgrade disks cost $$$. It's not just Pioneer. They are all like that. The portable units are different, because you can just hook them up to a computer and load in the updated map data or load it in from a flash card or whatever.

And yes, the D series has been discontinued and replaced by the F series.