AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3: Bluetooth = invalid, remote doesnt control iPod

Just installed an AVIC-D3 yesterday.

I have the BTB200 unit and the Pioneer remote.

My phone is a Verizon Wireless LG VX-8600. When I tell my phone to search for a BT device it finds the pioneer unit. I type in "0000" and after a moment the HU says Invalid device. Under BT audio device it recognizes my phone as the VX-8600, but under BT phone it does not show my phone and does not give me any options.

I have not yet tried another BT device.

My second issue is the Pioneer remote does not work well when I am using the iPod. The pause and stop option does not work. Is there a way to get these functions to work?

Thanks

Update:

When using the AVIC-D3 to search for my phone I got it to connect. Phone calls worked fine.

A couple of issues still

1) Cannot upload my phonebook to the AVIC

2) When turning off the car and turning it back on again the phone and AVIC do not automatically reconnect.

Did you register it as #1?

Update:

When using the AVIC-D3 to search for my phone I got it to connect. Phone calls worked fine.

A couple of issues still

1) Cannot upload my phonebook to the AVIC

2) When turning off the car and turning it back on again the phone and AVIC do not automatically reconnect.

Yep. It works now. Registered it as #1 and changed settings on the phone to always accept connection.

The only pain in the ass is having to send phone #'s one by one to the unit. It does not work when you attempt to send more than one number.

The issue with the remote still stands. When using an iPod the pause buttons are non-functional.

• 5 years later...