AVIC411.com

Would just like to say i love the site you guys go on here. Just installed a D3 into my cobalt last week and the bypass mods were so easy to do. One of the installers i work with said to put the ebrake wire on a switch. This way it helps keep the GPS more accurate. Anyone heard of anything like this?

No. The parking brake wire, and therefor putting a switch on it, has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the nav operation. He either has no idea what he's talking about or was trying to talk you into getting unnecessary work done to get more money from you.

No. The parking brake wire, and therefor putting a switch on it, has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the nav operation. He either has no idea what he's talking about or was trying to talk you into getting unnecessary work done to get more money from you.

idk, one of our old shop leads told him that. ik he wasn't trying to get money out of me since i do my own installs and other installs in the shop all the time. granted i do mostly nitrous installs more so then in dash DVD/Navigation head units. but didn't seem necessary thanks for the info

My bad... I overlooked the part where you said you did the install yourself. But either way, all putting a switch on the parking brake would do is allow you to disable the bypass if you ever wanted to.