AVIC411.com

AVIC Z Install in my 02 Porsche 996

Planning on painting the surround to match the dash or perhaps silver to match console.

Installed with XM, Bluetooth and iPOD, No wires cut so car can be returned to stock if desired and it all works fine with factory Bose amp and speakers.

996poi.jpg

996poi11.jpg

Hey Mate,

great installation. Regarding the wiring, did everything just plug into existing connectors? Also how does the sound compare to the original unit. I have the same car , colour and spec! All the radio people in Sydney insist I cannot use the existing speakers and amps.

Cheers, Lou

Lou,

What year is your car? In 03 they went to the MOST bus so you can NOT reuse existing amps and wiring so they may be correct.

My car is an 02 with BOSE so this was no issue. I bought the connectors and wired them up to the pioneer so it was plug and play.

Sounds great, way better then the Porsche head unit and the BOSE amps, subs and speakers do just fine.

Cheers!

- Marc

Hey Mate,

great installation. Regarding the wiring, did everything just plug into existing connectors? Also how does the sound compare to the original unit. I have the same car , colour and spec! All the radio people in Sydney insist I cannot use the existing speakers and amps.

Cheers, Lou