AVIC411.com

EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK AT AVIC-F90BT!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the d 3 installed and the wires in the f series look the same, my question is can i keep my same wires that i have connected to my d 3?
NO! I just found this out the hard way! Although it looks the same, the wires are in a different location and the size of the connector is slightly smaller. It will be tomorrow before I get it wired up.

ohhh. looking good am hype !!! when you get it all hook up take it for a spin to see if the Navi is better than the D3 make sure its not taking you 30 miles out your way! i can't wait!!! to see it!

where is the ipod hook up? do you have to use the USB cable for that?

Well, I had to call in a favor, but I got it done...What I thought was going to take an hour, took over 3 hours. My D1 wiring had to be completely redone for the new unit. But anyway, it's amazing, I seriously can't get over how nice the screen looks.

Pics for now, video tomorrow. (It's 1AM Eastern Time and I'm going to bed) ;)

startup.jpg

xm.jpg

weather.jpg

trafficmap.jpg

trafficlist.jpg

phone.jpg

movies.jpg

menu.jpg

3d.jpg

is there a microphone built-in to the front of the unit? I would rather have one there than to run a wire to somewhere that might look out of place.
Yes, but it also comes with a wired mic if you so choose.

That's good news! Is it that little hole next to the eject button?

Sorry, no internal mic. I was jumping to conclusions before hooking it up. The hybrid unit does have an internal however.

Awesome screens. So how is the voice control for the iPod. Someone else said that it was buggy on a prototype unit. Has this been fixed? Also, does the manual hint at all to having a nice icon-ified Sirius interface like the XM has? Once again, thanks so much for sharing.