AVIC411.com

EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK AT AVIC-F90BT!

I can't really comment on voice control at this time, since I havent used it enough.

Sirius has same graphical interface.

Routing seems better, I had it take me to work, and it was reading off every little detail, even when the road name changed, it would use text to speech to alert me of the change.

EQ/Setup pics will be up late this afternoon and in the video. It does have a better EQ, and you can change it on the fly when your listening to a source.

Bluetooth is amazing, it even automatically pulled all the contacts from my iphone.

Not bypassed yet, gotta make sure it works right the way it is first.

You can get one from Pioneer dealers in mid/late June.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting for more info. and visuals of what this thing would be like. I was going to get the z3, but, obviously i'm going for this one now. The screen may be smaller, but, it just seems to have more of what i want. Thanks for the pictures and all the info. This site is pretty awesome!! Can't wait to see the video of this thing!! :D

Jason,

I noticed your phone name is "Jason-IP". Is that an iPhone and if so, is it also your iPod? Wondering if the iPhone iPod function works via the interface.

Also, I currently have a D1 with a GEX-P10XMT for XM. I see the F90BT has an IP bus connection and the P10XMT has an IP bus and data cable connection. I don't know if the data cable is used for Navtraffic only or is also needed for XM radio and I know the F90BT doesn't support XM Navtraffic. Do you happen to know if the P10XMT can be used for F90BT XM audio?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks for the preview Jason, I can't wait to see the video.

Is it possible to display information about the audio source while in the navigation screen? Does the Bluetooth info (signal, battery) show up on the map screen? Also, does it have any type of speed sensitive volume?

See Jason's clarification a couple posts back, there is no internal mic.

For audio display on the Nav screen, look at the pics he posted on page 2. You can see the XM info on the map screen. iPod displays the album art on the map screen.

what kinda car is it?

That would be a Mustang. SN197, meaning 2005-2008.

Speaking of Mustangs. Any other ford guys out there?

I just ordered a PAC c2r-frd1 wiring harness in anticipation of an F series install in my Mustang. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with these, or the Peripheral Electronics FORDAH. I believe they are the same unit.

They are can-bus enabled wiring harnesses that give you...

Illumination

Retained Acc power

Reverse signal

VSS

Parking brake signal

... all right in the harness. I wasn't looking forward to running a bunch of wires and making taps. Seemed like a no-brainer. Now I'm just hoping they work as advertised.

Jason,

I noticed your phone name is "Jason-IP". Is that an iPhone and if so, is it also your iPod? Wondering if the iPhone iPod function works via the interface.

Also, I currently have a D1 with a GEX-P10XMT for XM. I see the F90BT has an IP bus connection and the P10XMT has an IP bus and data cable connection. I don't know if the data cable is used for Navtraffic only or is also needed for XM radio and I know the F90BT doesn't support XM Navtraffic. Do you happen to know if the P10XMT can be used for F90BT XM audio?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Jason-IP is my iPhone. Audio/Video is sent over the cable, and phone calls/contacts are sent over bluetooth.

I had the exact same setup in my car, a D1 with a P10XMT w/ NavTraffic. The data cable is used only for NavTraffic, and since the F series uses MSN Direct, the data cable is no longer used. So to answer your question, yes, the P10XMT works for audio.