AVIC411.com

EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK AT AVIC-F90BT!

Pretty nice pictures Jason. Can you please elaborate more on the iPod interface?
Thanks, what would you like to know?

Is it faster than the D3 when scrolling to find a song?

Oh, yeah, it's like night and day... The video review will be up tomorrow, so everyone will be able to see how it preforms in real time.
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm dying to get my hands on a 90BT! Thanks for all the info so far Jason. Can you supply a list of what's not in the box that will be needed for other functions? For example, what's the part number for the compatible XM module? Does it support XM NavTraffic? Backup camera?
XM NavTraffic has been replaced by MSN Direct, which is built in. So any IP Bus XM Reciever, and any Composite (RCA) backup camera will work for you.

all the new features is so nice i just wanna make sure that the Navigation Works BETTER than the D3 when Routing making sure that this NEW F series dont take you WAY WAY out of your route! but other than that everything looks great so far!. thanks for all the info

Question to Jason:

Does setting AV1 input to "iPod" disable or gray out being able to choose the AV1 input from the source screen? I am asking because I plan on using rca y-adapters to source both an iPod and a 360 to the AV1 input. Most important is the 360 that I have in the trunk. The thing plays everything the iPod does, and all Divx, MPeg 1, 2, 4, WMV, WMV-HD, AVI, Xvid, and some other formats all off of any old USB hard drive or flash drive.

I believe the 90/900 will work just like the D3. They will send the DVD video signal to rear screens.

It just won't send the DVD signal to the rear and let you listen to another source like the N and Z series do

Jason,

Thanks. Can you just confirm one final time that there is no way to output video to another display (rear seats)? I know that was what was advertised, but now you have the actual hardware...

Question to Jason:

Does setting AV1 input to "iPod" disable or gray out being able to choose the AV1 input from the source screen? I am asking because I plan on using rca y-adapters to source both an iPod and a 360 to the AV1 input. Most important is the 360 that I have in the trunk. The thing plays everything the iPod does, and all Divx, MPeg 1, 2, 4, WMV, WMV-HD, AVI, Xvid, and some other formats all off of any old USB hard drive or flash drive.

Yes, it does disable the AV1 option.

Thanks for the reply. Not a big deal, just wanted to know so I could wire accordingly ahead of time before getting the unit.

Anyway, as for the Sirius interface, can you tell from the manual whether or not it has a custom icon for each channel or if it is just the dog logo for each channel. Thanks again and looking forward to the video tonight.