AVIC411.com

EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK AT AVIC-F90BT!

I'm starting to think I should look into upgrading to VW's new RNS-510 unit they'll be using in the 2009 models. At least then I can keep my MFI functionality.

the prices that I've seen for the RNS-510 are quite a bit higher than the F series. Plus the 510 doesn't have voice recognition or USB input (not without an adapter)....and I'd like to compare the sound quality...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to think I should look into upgrading to VW's new RNS-510 unit they'll be using in the 2009 models. At least then I can keep my MFI functionality.

the prices that I've seen for the RNS-510 are quite a bit higher than the F series. Plus the 510 doesn't have voice recognition or USB input (not without an adapter)....and I'd like to compare the sound quality...

Rumor has it a retrofit kit is in the works with a target price ~$2,000. Plan is to add the MDI for iPod/USB as well, but will likely use SD most of the time. Voice input is not that big a deal for me and the F-series can't voice-input nav destinations anyway which is what I would want it to do most. Trick will be to find the proper Bluetooth module and not try to jerry-rig that Skoda thingy.

Okay, I just read all the threads here (I didn't search elsewhere yet, so sorry if its there) BUT WE all know Pioneer has ISSUES with loop noise and interference on the RCA outputs, its so bad, some have actually used Speaker out to line level convertors to get clean signals to their amps. I actually took the time to solder ground leads to each of the RCA output barrels, and connected the cross connects them to a common ground on the frame of my z1 to help get rid of it, anyone have any comments on this yet?

Thanks in advance.

Septic

What's the difference between F90BT and F900BT?

As far as I can tell there are only three:

1. Pre-out are 2v lower on F900BT

2. Price is $300 lower on F900BT

3. Warranty one year on F900BT, two years on F90BT

Both support MSN Traffic!

Am I missing anything?

The 90BT includes the Pioneer iPod cable, according to Pioneer

What's the difference between F90BT and F900BT?

As far as I can tell there are only three:

1. Pre-out are 2v lower on F900BT

2. Price is $300 lower on F900BT

3. Warranty one year on F900BT, two years on F90BT

Both support MSN Traffic!

Am I missing anything?

While waiting for my dealer to get the 900BT in stock I had a chance to play with the 700BT and it appears that the nav data is no more current than what Pioneer released last year.

There's still a few streets in my area that were completed Mar 2007 that still aren't showing up. :cry:

While waiting for my dealer to get the 900BT in stock I had a chance to play with the 700BT and it appears that the nav data is no more current than what Pioneer released last year.

There's still a few streets in my area that were completed Mar 2007 that still aren't showing up. :cry:

That may be true. But with these new units, you can update the map data with a flash card or USB drive, so it will be a lot easier to update the database when Pioneer releases it. You won't have to buy a $250 update disk.