AVIC411.com

EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK AT AVIC-F90BT!

Thanks for the preview Jason, I can't wait to see the video.

Is it possible to display information about the audio source while in the navigation screen? Does the Bluetooth info (signal, battery) show up on the map screen? Also, does it have any type of speed sensitive volume?

Yes, audio track/artist/album art is displayed in the lower right of the map. Bluetooth info is only on the phone screen. I can't seem to find any speed sensitive option.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, audio track/artist/album art is displayed in the lower right of the map. Bluetooth info is only on the phone screen. I can't seem to find any speed sensitive option.

Thanks for the info. In your walk-though can you try to highlight the settings screens? One of my biggest complaints about the Z Series is the lack of options for configuring volume/voice prompt levels (including a speed sensitive option).

Thanks for the preview. I'm confused as to why pioneer would send you a pre-production model since this community is all about hacking/bypassing the "safety" features they put so much work into putting in.

Would be like Sony sending out PS4's to mod-chip makers.

I wouldn't say Pioneer works all that hard to implement their security features. If they really wanted to make it so that we couldn't watch video while in motion they could bury that functionality somewhere in the code and just monitor the speed signal from the GPS antenna.

I think they realize people are going to bypass them, so it doesn't make a difference if we get a pre-production version to drool over. They get a lot more hype, and therefore more sales out of it, which makes sense for them.

I think they realize people are going to bypass them, so it doesn't make a difference if we get a pre-production version to drool over. They get a lot more hype, and therefore more sales out of it, which makes sense for them.

If I had not stumbled onto this site while looking for a Navigation head unit I would not be debating getting a D3 now or holding off for one of the new F series units. I for one can't wait to see more information on this series.

Thanks for all the info Jason, I registered just so I could see the pics in this thread. My question is about playing digital music files from iPod or SD card. When you want to seek through an MP3, can you just touch and drag that blue progress bar on the screen? I listen to a lot of 60+ minute MP3 DJ mixes in the car, and a quick and easy fast forward through them would be a life saver.

-Bill

Jason -

That GPS input on the rear looks different from the one on the D3 - does the F90 use a different GPS connector?

And kudos to Pioneer for finally spelling "Dialed" correctly on the F90. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, yes, it is different.

I just recently got my D3 and I love it but man this f series looks sweet. I wish I would have held off a bit now.. How do I talk the wife into swapping the d for the f :lol: ..

Anyway Thanks Jason for the pic and all the info. Can't wait for the video.

Thanks for all the info Jason, I registered just so I could see the pics in this thread. My question is about playing digital music files from iPod or SD card. When you want to seek through an MP3, can you just touch and drag that blue progress bar on the screen? I listen to a lot of 60+ minute MP3 DJ mixes in the car, and a quick and easy fast forward through them would be a life saver.

-Bill

No, sorry. The good news is the forward seek accelerates quite well after you hold it down for a few seconds.